Flamers On This Site.

Brent Hamm

Brent, I think you're right - to an extent- that many dealers (or manufacturer's representatives) on this board rip on other brands without merit.

I believe that Dr. Spa & I are presently the only manufacturer's reps openly identified as such (could be wrong) and I don't think either of us is guilty of that.

Members might be interested to know that my forum role is laid out in my job description:

The Communications Officer will monitor spa forums on the internet in order to

1. Identify and counter "brand bashing" and spurious customer "complaints"
  2. Provide accurate factual information in response to direct queries about our products
  3. Correct posts which contain inaccurate or false information
  4. Act as a corporate spokesperson and represent the brand in a manner which is professional, neutral, and impartial
  5. Respond to genuine customer issues and arrange for them to be dealt with
I think identifying yourself & your affiliation should be mandatory on this board.

That is a good idea, but might be impossible to enforce. However, we can encourage openness and honesty, and confront those whom we suspect to have unrevealed brand affiliations.

I think identifying yourself & your affiliation should be mandatory on this board.

That is a good idea, but might be impossible to enforce. However, we can encourage openness and honesty, and confront those whom we suspect to have unrevealed brand affiliations.

I'm not so concerned with the enforcement, but rather in a more thorough "disclaimer". Many dealers on this board probably think they've made themselves clear, but newbies on this board may not have read every post. To me, if you don't have your affiliation in your sig or profile, you're hiding your affiliation.