Hotspring Grandee Or Sundance Maxxus?

Max01

I have heard that the Hotsprings don`t heat the water if the jets are running, so you can use these spas just a short time (30 mins) when its winter. The Sundance spas have 2 powercables, one for the jets and the other for the heating. However the Hotspring spas just have one powercable for both. Is this true?

Which spa has the better quality, the Hotspring Grandee or the Sundance Maxxus? Which spa would/did you buy? Which one is better in the winter?

Thanks in advance!!!

Max

I have heard that the Hotsprings don`t heat the water if the jets are running, so you can use these spas just a short time (30 mins) when its winter. The Sundance spas have 2 powercables, one for the jets and the other for the heating. However the Hotspring spas just have one powercable for both. Is this true?

Which spa has the better quality, the Hotspring Grandee or the Sundance Maxxus? Which spa would/did you buy?

Thanks in advance!!!

Max

Most spas are hooked up to 220v but some of the smaller Hot Springs spas have an option to run them 220v or 100v. If you choose the 110v method you can't run the heater and jets at the same time. If you go 220v then you can run the heater and jets simultaneously. You'll only hook up 110v if its a small spa and you don't have capacity in you electrical panel or think its too costly to run 220v and live in a mild climate where you don't have a temp drop issue. Therefore, just hook it up to 220v (which is preferable) and don't worry about it.

The Grandee can only be run at 220v BTW so the heater runs as needed with jets on or off.

Max,

Both spas are made by 2 of the most respected manufactors in the world. You will not be disappointed with either spa. You're going to get a lot of different answers as to which is "better", but only you can decide. Because you like both spas, I would take a look at the dealer. See how long they have been in business. See how long they have been carrying that brand. If it is a dealer carrying both lines, you can bet they know what their doing. See which dealer you feel will take care of you better, both with service and just general spa stuff. Check out the BBB for a quick look at the companies represented. By all means, have FUN! Good Luck!

did the sundance dealer tell you that the grandee wouldn't heat with the jet pumps running? if so that might give you some insight into their approach to business. also ask both dealers if they charge any travel time for warranty work. both are fine spas. i do think the plastic siding on the grandee is made of better material and should weather better in a harsh climate.

@Flyonthewall: Yes, the sundance dealer told me that the grandee wouldn't heat with the jet pumps running and one could use it 30 mins in the winter! He also said that the technics of hotspring aren't that good. The hotspring dealer told me that the quality of sundance is not so good as their quality so i asked here for support!

Thanks for your help!!!

Max

Max01,

You are caught between a rock and a hard place. Both salespersons are being very misleading. First, a hotspring spa will keep heating the water in the grandee regardless. It is a 50amp spa. The 20amp spas that Hotspring makes will shut the heater off while the jets are on. This is not the case in the grandee. The 50amps allow both the heater and jets to run at the same time.

Both brands of spas are considered to be 2 of the most respected brands in the industry. You'll have no problems with owning either one. What you should be considering is the dealer who represents the product. Which one will take better care of you? Which one would you like to earn your business? Those are the questions you should be asking. Getting info on a hotspring spa from a sundance salesperson is like getting info on a bmw from a mercededs dealer. Trust your gut and your butt!! Those 2 things are the most important things at your disposale. As far a technology goes, both companies have been around quite a long time, and are well advanced. If you take a look from a time line stand point you'd find that the major innovations in the spa industry: circ pump, foam insulation and synthetic skirting were first done by Hotsprings and later followed by a lot of other companies. Good Luck!

i think mercedes and bmw salespeople know better than to tell you the other car is a lousy. they will work harder to try to explain why theirs is better. i really don't like negative salespeople. since you have already caught the sundance person lying to get your business be sure to get all the details in writing if you go with him. maybe he didn't know what he said was untrue but i would be wary.

I love both those tubs, I really enjoy the lounger of the sundance and the moto and space of the grandee. If its my money I probably buy the grandee only because it will cost you a little less to run between heating and cost of ownership (filter replacement). The Grandee should also probably be around 1000 less money. So if you like the two equally when wet tested, I would suggest the hot springs for those reasons alone. They are both very good tubs though