Mode Button Not Functioning Costco Hot Tub

myboys15

I puchased my Platinum II hot tub from Costco in May 07 and it has been working like a charm. Today I see that the display is flashing ECO and the water temp. Pressing the MODE button does nothing. I cannot get it into the STANDARD or SLEEP mode. Any suggestions on why this is happening would be greatly appreciated.

I also think the top was bumped during move and install as I had to reconnect the wire for the top side remote control for the stearo. Is there something that could have come loose for the Aromatheraphy? I don't smell anything when the blower is on and the beads are installed...

Thanks....

I puchased my Platinum II hot tub from Costco in May 07 and it has been working like a charm.

Hi,

Costco sells many tubs from many different manufacturers. The Platinum II is a Hydro Spas tub sold through many distribution channels, including Costco.

The only reason I'm pointing this out is because I want to avoid the confusion where many lump together all tubs through Costco as the same, when in-fact, Costco sells tubs from many different manufacturers, including Keys Backyard, Hydro Spas, Infinity, and others.

Today I see that the display is flashing ECO and the water temp.

This is normal. A flashing ECO and the water temp indicates that the water temperature is current.

Pressing the MODE button does nothing. I cannot get it into the STANDARD or SLEEP mode.

I am not entirely sure with your specific model, but many spas equipped with a Balboa control pack with a Mode button operate like this:

Pressing the MODE button puts the spa into Program mode. While in Program mode, to switch modes (e.g. Economy, Standard, or Sleep) you have to press the COOL button to cycle through the modes and then hit the MODE button again to lock in your selection.

Let us know how you make out.

Regards,

Ken

I puchased my Platinum II hot tub from Costco in May 07 and it has been working like a charm.

Hi,

Costco sells many tubs from many different manufacturers. The Platinum II is a Hydro Spas tub sold through many distribution channels, including Costco.

The only reason I'm pointing this out is because I want to avoid the confusion where many lump together all tubs through Costco as the same, when in-fact, Costco sells tubs from many different manufacturers, including Keys Backyard, Hydro Spas, Infinity, and others.

Today I see that the display is flashing ECO and the water temp.

This is normal. A flashing ECO and the water temp indicates that the water temperature is current.

Pressing the MODE button does nothing. I cannot get it into the STANDARD or SLEEP mode.

I am not entirely sure with your specific model, but many spas equipped with a Balboa control pack with a Mode button operate like this:

Pressing the MODE button puts the spa into Program mode. While in Program mode, to switch modes (e.g. Economy, Standard, or Sleep) you have to press the COOL button to cycle through the modes and then hit the MODE button again to lock in your selection.

Let us know how you make out.

Regards,

Ken

Thanks Ken. I will try out your suggestion on changing the mode. The flashing of the current mode (i.e ECO) and the water temp is something we have not seen the first 4 months we had it. I appreciate your reply and I will let you know how it works out.

Thanks again....!!