Utopia Geneva Or 641r

Greetings,

I need some advice - anything you wish to offer, on the Utopia Geneva and / or the Marquis 641R.

Offered the Utopia Geneva for $8600 including steps, lift, chem kit, delivery and install (see below) and the Marquis for $6800 with the same level of perks and install. My question, is the Utopia Geneva worth 2K more in your opinion?

Background,

I am purchasing an in-ground pool and with it wish to purchase a separate hot tub. Both companies will deliver and install the hot tub as part of the pool install. One sells Marquis and the other Caldera. My pool purchase which is a significant purchase is a flip of a coin decision...this is crazy, but I like the idea of one company doing all of the work. The significant pool purchase will be influenced by the spa purchase.

The Geneva is in the Utopia line, which is Caldera's top of the line. It is much larger and deeper, and comes standard with a lot of the things that are options on the 641R (ozone, dura-siding, waterfall, lights). The Geneva holds 125 more gallons, is 5" bigger around on each side and 4" taller. I went and paid for my Tahitian yesterday and took another look at the Geneva and it is a huge spa. It probably comes down to the size you are looking for. The 641R actually compares more favorably to the Caldera Martinique maybe, although the Caldera does have fewer jets the therapy is probably pretty close and the price is probably about the same. The 641R looks like a really nice spa and was one I considered for awhile and you can't beat the price.

BTW, those are very decent prices for both assuming the Marquis has all the upgrades.

The Geneva is in the Utopia line, which is Caldera's top of the line. It is much larger and deeper, and comes standard with a lot of the things that are options on the 641R (ozone, dura-siding, waterfall, lights). The Geneva holds 125 more gallons, is 5" bigger around on each side and 4" taller. I went and paid for my Tahitian yesterday and took another look at the Geneva and it is a huge spa. It probably comes down to the size you are looking for. The 641R actually compares more favorably to the Caldera Martinique maybe, although the Caldera does have fewer jets the therapy is probably pretty close and the price is probably about the same. The 641R looks like a really nice spa and was one I considered for awhile and you can't beat the price.

BTW, those are very decent prices for both assuming the Marquis has all the upgrades.

Thanks for the reply, the 641R would include the durawood cabinet, all weather shell, vortex skimmer, waterfall - aka drink holder, interior light, safty cover w/ locks, 6 months of starter chems, and other perks I mentioned. This is also a dry floor, where the Geneva is currently the only one full in the other show room.

Thanks for the reply, the 641R would include the durawood cabinet, all weather shell, vortex skimmer, waterfall - aka drink holder, interior light, safty cover w/ locks, 6 months of starter chems, and other perks I mentioned. This is also a dry floor, where the Geneva is currently the only one full in the other show room.

Both brands make a good product so you’re doing fine that way but as Rob was saying it's tough to give an opinion because they aren't really apples to apples since the Geneva is bigger and deeper so you really can't say which the better buy is. You either have to decide if you want the large/deeper spa or whether you want to save some money on the smaller one or maybe compare the 641 with something similarly equipped in the Caldera line.

You're also definitely going to want a lifter so make sure the packages are complete (and the Caldera should come with the electrical sub panel as part of the price).

I've found two quotes for the 641r lately - one at $5999 and one at $5995. Solo posted three prices of about $8000 for the Geneva. These included everything you mentioned except the cover lifter. I don't know where you live compared to those two quotes, so they may not mean much. However, you're laying out a considerably larger sum for a pool, so you'd think the dealers would be giving you their best prices on the spa.

The hot tub and the pool will not really be connected in any meaningful way. There's no real harm in picking the pool from one guy and the spa from the other.

Great advice by all, thank you. I went with the Geneva for $300 less then the previous quoted price.

This is a great Message Board, friendly advice and pretty funny battles between people that have strong opinions.

I am located outside of the Buffalo NY area so getting the pool / spa together saved me the 8% sales tax (over $500.00).

Great advice by all, thank you. I went with the Geneva for $300 less then the previous quoted price.

This is a great Message Board, friendly advice and pretty funny battles between people that have strong opinions.

I am located outside of the Buffalo NY area so getting the pool / spa together saved me the 8% sales tax (over $500.00).

Congratulations! I missed the sales tax thing, that's quite helpful. Did you buy a Geneva off the floor, or are you ordering one? I always like hearing people's shell/cabinet color choices. Please post some pics when you can.

A pool and a spa!! Wow, congrats!!

I purchased the floor model which has the grey finish. The inside is pearl. We needed a finish like this as it went best with the grey color of our existing stamped concrete patio. They break ground for my pool on Monday and I am lucky enough to have that day off so I will be there hoping that they do not hit rock :o

The Spa will be installed sometime towards the end of the week or in the following week. I can't wait to take pictures and share them with all.

Finances allowed me to put the pool in with a rock water fall and the spa. I will be using the orange security fence from the pool builder all winter until spring comes and we add the concrete and black iron fence. I think it is best to let the ground settle first. I know that this is the wrong forum, but I had a great experience with Pacific Pools in East Amherst, NY (so far).

Many thanks!