When Waiting For Service...

lparsons

Should I drain the tub while waiting for service?

It may be worthwhile to pre-empt this by saying that I don't see any reason why they should need to move or re-orient the tub for the upcoming service.

I started a different thread on the control panel problems with our brand new Tiger River spa. I have yet to be given any sort of ETA from the dealer on how long it will take to get the part - he said its not a part they usually stock. The control panel problem has on its own made the tub pretty well useless as we no longer have any temperature control, and cannot initiate a clean cycle.

In light of the current condition, I went ahead and cut the power for the tub, under the reasoning that it wouldn't make any sense to spend money on power for a tub that we cannot use (I turned off the 20amp and 30amp circuit breakers).

Should I drain it as well? The water is cloudy at the moment. I can't tell if its changing color as well (possibly light green) or if its just illuminating strange due to the light outside (4:30 pm eastern time).

Should I drain the tub while waiting for service?

It may be worthwhile to pre-empt this by saying that I don't see any reason why they should need to move or re-orient the tub for the upcoming service.

I started a different thread on the control panel problems with our brand new Tiger River spa. I have yet to be given any sort of ETA from the dealer on how long it will take to get the part - he said its not a part they usually stock. The control panel problem has on its own made the tub pretty well useless as we no longer have any temperature control, and cannot initiate a clean cycle.

In light of the current condition, I went ahead and cut the power for the tub, under the reasoning that it wouldn't make any sense to spend money on power for a tub that we cannot use (I turned off the 20amp and 30amp circuit breakers).

Should I drain it as well? The water is cloudy at the moment. I can't tell if its changing color as well (possibly light green) or if its just illuminating strange due to the light outside (4:30 pm eastern time).

That is a better question for the person that is going to do the service, but I would think it is best left filled and running. It does not cost much to run the pump.

Most diagnostic procedures require the tub be running. with water in it.

OK, I'll keep that in mind. I'm just not sure how to keep stuff from growing in the water while I wait, being as I don't have good control of the tub right now... I would ordinarily run the clean cycle, and keep the temperature constant while using chemicals regularly, but thats pretty much all out of the question with this problem. All I can do right now is run the jets and turn on the lights. And frankly there's no guarantee of how long I'll be able to maintain that level of functionality.

Most diagnostic procedures require the tub be running. with water in it.

OK, I'll keep that in mind. I'm just not sure how to keep stuff from growing in the water while I wait, being as I don't have good control of the tub right now... I would ordinarily run the clean cycle, and keep the temperature constant while using chemicals regularly, but thats pretty much all out of the question with this problem. All I can do right now is run the jets and turn on the lights. And frankly there's no guarantee of how long I'll be able to maintain that level of functionality.

Keep it running and sanitize as normal. Water does not have to be hot to be sanitized and balanced. You need to circulate and balance your water and absolutly sanitize.

I'd call your dealer first, but I think I would keep it filled with water unless they had a good reason to drain it. Hopefully everything goes well with the service.

I noticed in a few of your posts about this issue, you mention the you have "... no clean cycle..."". It is my understanding that the only thing a clean cycle does is run the jets for 10 minutes. Soundslike your jets can go on & off. So, maybe you can use some of your time waiting to get your water cleaned up. That way, when it's all repaired, you can hop right in & enjoy!

Good Luck & keep us posted!

BTW- We have recently purchased a TR Sumatran, so please keep us posted on any TR issues.

I think I may have solved the problem on my own. I checked the circuit breakers, and found that the 30amp breaker was rather loose in comparison to the 20amp (referring in paricular to the [double]pull of the breaker itself).

I reset the 30amp a couple times until it stayed in position, and then found that the panel miraculously lit up! It was willing to let me set temperatures, and even initiate a clean cycle. So a clean cycle I initiated, and I 10 minutes later I found it completed the clean cycle and was warming up nicely. We waited about another 15 minutes to make sure it was happily warming up, and found it reached the set temp.

My wife and I finally were able to sit in our tub again! We had a nice 1 hour soak.

And it looks like I probably should call the electrician tomorrow, instead of the spa dealer... except the spa dealer provided the panel with the 30amp & 20amp breakers in it, so I guess its probably their part to replace.