Your Opinion Needed!

deepchillie

I hate the wait I have been waiting for 5 weeks and finally yesterday a semi arrived at the local dealer with 10 brand new Sundance spas.... and one of themis MINE :rolleyes: , I will call tomorrow to find out when he is going to deliver it.... :P

Woooo Hoooo

Oh yea pad is ready and elect. is run....just need that darn tub... B):lol::lol:

Sdr_27

OK, my deck has been modified, electricity has been run and the pad is done. All I am doing is waiting for my tub. But I was wondering WHAT to place it on? Should I place it on a 8'x8' slab of the pink or blue foam insulation? Or nothing? Or should I be the first to try that foil-foam-foil insulation? http://www.prodexsa.com/ ?

I dont think it would hurt anything

OK, my deck has been modified, electricity has been run and the pad is done. All I am doing is waiting for my tub. But I was wondering WHAT to place it on? Should I place it on a 8'x8' slab of the pink or blue foam insulation? Or nothing? Or should I be the first to try that foil-foam-foil insulation? http://www.prodexsa.com/ ?

I dont think it would hurt anything

Chillie, what is your reason for wanting to use one of these products under it? Is it for the added insulation or for leveling? I know when we had a 55 gallon fish tank installed they put it under the tank for leveling. If there was a leak, I wonder if the non-foiled products would mildew.

Chillie, what is your reason for wanting to use one of these products under it? Is it for the added insulation or for leveling? I know when we had a 55 gallon fish tank installed they put it under the tank for leveling. If there was a leak, I wonder if the non-foiled products would mildew.

I dont think mildew will hurt it.

deep

If wind gets under your deck?? and it gets cold where you live?? they say "the brige freezes before the road" it could help keep the underside of the spa warm??

john 104 degrees

I checked out the link you posted...I would contact the manufacturer regarding the use of this product, on you deck, under the spa...There seems to be nothing on the wb site that refers to using it for the application you are considering. This is not a home or enclosed structure. The closest I can see is the application for use of cement wall surfaces and stucco..a far cry from a spa sitting on a deck exposed to the elements on all four sides....Please, double check if it is aplicable to your site. Why waste time and money if it's not going to work or not useful to your spa area.

The best thing you can do for your tub is to place it directly on a concrete slab. Concrete costs more than some of the other things out there that can be used for a base to a tub, but it lasts the longest, and works the best, IF done properly.

Well I live in Canada so it gets F-ing Cold in the winter! The sad thing is....IF I do decide to use that foam-foil stuff, there is NO way to know IF it actually works! But its just an idea Im thinking of trying. In 3 months its gonna be -40, so insulation is EVERYTHING! The stuff isnt that expensive, so Im thinking of going for it. Other then a cement pad, what did you guys put your tub on?

Well I live in Canada so it gets F-ing Cold in the winter! The sad thing is....IF I do decide to use that foam-foil stuff, there is NO way to know IF it actually works! But its just an idea Im thinking of trying. In 3 months its gonna be -40, so insulation is EVERYTHING! The stuff isnt that expensive, so Im thinking of going for it. Other then a cement pad, what did you guys put your tub on?

8" thick pee stone.Chille what tub do you have??

104 I mean whats "in between" your tub and the ground. Is it on some type of insulation or just on the cement. Buy FYI for my pad, I dug a huge 8x8 by 10" hole. My had these 8 foot long cement things (8x1x1)that looked like parking curbs at his shop, so we used them as the "frame" of the hole (10" in ground, 2" above). Then we put about 3 yards of crusher dust in the hole and drove the roller over it to pack it all in really good. Another buddy came by while we were doing this and he said his ex-bro-in-law was pulling up his patio and was getting rid of some 24X24X2 patio blocks, so we jumped in the truck to go get some. As we were loading the bricks we were chatting to a guy next door, and he told us a fantastic tale of the company who did the paving stones in his driveway. He said they used some "magical" sand that ants didnt like, so you wouldnt have little ants wanting to pop their little heads out, and make little sand hills all over the drive. He was pretty confident in is story, but I figured the sand I stole the previous night from the play ground down the street would be good enough for my tub. Like honestly, kids these days need some toughining up! So they come down the slide and its a little harder landing, its good got them, builds character! Any ways.... so we too the stones home, smoothed out the area with the non-magial sand, placed the stones and thats it. I drove the Bob Cat over it, and it seems pretty damm solid. Im pretty confident you could land a helecopter on that pad. Oh, and we ran the elec also. My buddy ran the 220v and a single 110v gfi from the box in the house. He thought the 110 would be a good idea, I trust him. So all I do now is wait for my tub to show up and wonder how to make it more efficient.