D1 Nautilus Or Sojourn -- Any Suggestions?

Jetman

Had dinner with my brother in law who has had a tub for a while. Now that I am resarching tubs, I asked him what brand his tub was. When he told me Dimension One I was very impressed. He has had it for 13 years. NOT ONE SERVICE CALL!!! It is a smaller model that is now discontinued (approx 250 gal). Last year was the first year he drained it for the winter, and apparently he left water in the diverter and it froze and cracked. Other than that self inflicted repair the tub has been fantastic.

D1 was on my short list with Caldera Hawaiian, Tiger River Caspian and Sundace Chelsea.

I am going to check out D1 Nautilus (getting phone quote of below 7k) with ultra life shell. Concerned about the size of the Nautilus. I may also consider the Sojourn. Is there a measurable difference between them besides the size???? Seems like a $1000 difference between Nautilus and Sojourn.

Any feedback would really be appreciated.

Thanks!

Paul

PS: Dealer says I will be able to WET TEST both.... now thats what i LIKE to HERE!!!! :lol:

Hi Paul,

That is a great price for the Nautilus! I'm hearing $10,000. here in So CA. If you have a wife who will be using the spa I would recommend you try the Diplomat as well. I LOVE it. I believe the Nautilus, Diplomat, and the Californian are all 8 foot spas. I float in loungers but the Diplomat has a great lounge made for a woman. We also like that you can have 3 people in the spa and no one is touching each other. I am not sure if that's true for the Nautilus. I wasn't able to wet test the Nautilus because the cord wouldn't reach! We are still looking because we just can't bring ourselves to fork over the 10 grand. I would because I like it that much but my husband, who doesn't float, is happy with other cheaper ones. I don't look forward to using a weight belt everytime I'm in the spa. But I could also live with the HS Envoy. Good luck to you! Kelly

Had dinner with my brother in law who has had a tub for a while. Now that I am resarching tubs, I asked him what brand his tub was. When he told me Dimension One I was very impressed. He has had it for 13 years. NOT ONE SERVICE CALL!!! It is a smaller model that is now discontinued (approx 250 gal). Last year was the first year he drained it for the winter, and apparently he left water in the diverter and it froze and cracked. Other than that self inflicted repair the tub has been fantastic.

D1 was on my short list with Caldera Hawaiian, Tiger River Caspian and Sundace Chelsea.

I am going to check out D1 Nautilus (getting phone quote of below 7k) with ultra life shell. Concerned about the size of the Nautilus. I may also consider the Sojourn. Is there a measurable difference between them besides the size???? Seems like a $1000 difference between Nautilus and Sojourn.

Thanks!

Paul

PS: Dealer says I will be able to WET TEST both.... now thats what i LIKE to HERE!!!! :lol:

Hi Paul,

That is a great price for the Nautilus! I'm hearing $10,000. here in So CA. If you have a wife who will be using the spa I would recommend you try the Diplomat as well. I LOVE it. I believe the Nautilus, Diplomat, and the Californian are all 8 foot spas. I float in loungers but the Diplomat has a great lounge made for a woman. We also like that you can have 3 people in the spa and no one is touching each other. I am not sure if that's true for the Nautilus. I wasn't able to wet test the Nautilus because the cord wouldn't reach! We are still looking because we just can't bring ourselves to fork over the 10 grand. I would because I like it that much but my husband, who doesn't float, is happy with other cheaper ones. I don't look forward to using a weight belt everytime I'm in the spa. But I could also live with the HS Envoy. Good luck to you! Kelly

Thanks!

Paul

Kelly,

I did find out that this Nautilus is a 2006 floor model! I checked it out and it is in like new condition. I love the foot well in the Nautilus. Very roomy. The lounge in the Californian is very comfortable and very tempting, but I think I would opt for the open seating of the Nautilus! Still considering the Sojourn, but still want to wet test both!!

Thanks for your response Kelly! Good luck with your search!!!!

Paul

I did find out that this Nautilus is a 2006 floor model! I checked it out and it is in like new condition. I love the foot well in the Nautilus. Very roomy. The lounge in the Californian is very comfortable and very tempting, but I think I would opt for the open seating of the Nautilus! Still considering the Sojourn, but still want to wet test both!!

Thanks for your response Kelly! Good luck with your search!!!!

Paul

The Nautilus is my personal favorite tub. Room for 4 very very comfortably and even 5-6 isn't to bad. A great tub from a great company. They support there dealers and have a great reputation of longevity and trouble free service for 15-20 years or more.