Looking For Suggestions On Tub Purchase

Beeman

I've been to the local dealers and since finding this forum have looked at online deals. What I want is a basic spa for 2 or 3 people to replace the antique I have now that I purchased used years ago. Budget is a concern and definetly under $4k. I'm more interested in soaking more then all of the bubbling and jets. Local dealers carry Hydrospa,DM Industries Vita spa, and Cal Spa. Local manufacturers that I can buy from are Dynasty and Infinity. I can pickup and install the spa myself or handle everything after curbside delivery.

Given that info what spas would you recommend?

I've been to the local dealers and since finding this forum have looked at online deals. What I want is a basic spa for 2 or 3 people to replace the antique I have now that I purchased used years ago. Budget is a concern and definetly under $4k. I'm more interested in soaking more then all of the bubbling and jets. Local dealers carry Hydrospa,DM Industries Vita spa, and Cal Spa. Local manufacturers that I can buy from are Dynasty and Infinity. I can pickup and install the spa myself or handle everything after curbside delivery.

If your criteria were mine and those were my choices I would choose Dynasty. I believe they have a few models that meet your criteria. They are a fine middle of the road tub.

If you decide on Infinity, I believe they are sold at Costco and you may want to see if you can get a dealer to match the Costco price. Happy hunting!

Where do you live? If it's an area that get's very cold in the winter that may be a consideration, for you, regarding energy costs and insulation factors with the spa you choose.

What was/is your "antique" that you are replacing? What was good about it? What would you like to have that it did/does not?

Are you going to "wet test" the spa's you are considering?....I would recommend that IMHO

Where do you live? If it's an area that get's very cold in the winter that may be a consideration, for you, regarding energy costs and insulation factors with the spa you choose.

What was/is your "antique" that you are replacing? What was good about it? What would you like to have that it did/does not?

Are you going to "wet test" the spa's you are considering?....I would recommend that IMHO

I live in East TN.

The antique was a wood cabinet Down East 3 person rectangular spa. What was good about it was it was very cheap and the water was nice and hot on a nice cool night. I don't really want much in a spa besides dependability and a reasonable cost to operate and maintain. As I said we didn't use the jets much as weliked soaking in quiet more than the noise of the bubbles. As far as wet testing I don't seem to find anyone that bothers to fill the resonable priced tubs, they always have the "spa for a king" up and running with the built in stereo,TV and other junk I'm not interested in and a price I'm not interested in spending.

I live in East TN.

The antique was a wood cabinet Down East 3 person rectangular spa. What was good about it was it was very cheap and the water was nice and hot on a nice cool night. I don't really want much in a spa besides dependability and a reasonable cost to operate and maintain. As I said we didn't use the jets much as weliked soaking in quiet more than the noise of the bubbles. As far as wet testing I don't seem to find anyone that bothers to fill the resonable priced tubs, they always have the "spa for a king" up and running with the built in stereo,TV and other junk I'm not interested in and a price I'm not interested in spending.

GO VOLS !!