Moving A Spa

nickPSD

I am going to be picking up a 8X8 spa, I am curious as to how to move it into my enclosed trailer to move it to my house. We where thinking about rolling it on 4" pieces of PVC across the lawn and into the trailer. Then I have a winch to help pull it into the trailer. Is there a easier way to move this spa or not?

Thanks for the help in advance

I am going to be picking up a 8X8 spa, I am curious as to how to move it into my enclosed trailer to move it to my house. We where thinking about rolling it on 4" pieces of PVC across the lawn and into the trailer. Then I have a winch to help pull it into the trailer. Is there a easier way to move this spa or not?

Thanks for the help in advance

When I had my spa moved, i ordered a Crane company. They will lift the spa into place for you. With the amount of money a spa costs, I would leave it to the professionals. In my city, the average cost of a crane is $150/hr. I did not want to mess up my lawn, damage any trees, shrubbery etc. Let the professionals handle the heavy stuff.

thinking about rolling it on 4" pieces of PVC across the lawn and into the trailer.

Rolling it on PVC should be pretty easy. You might want to have a few friends help out. Some plywood would make the rolling a lot easier.

My tub was unloaded off of a truck by only 2 guys. They didn't have any special equipment other than a dolly with inflatable wheels and 2 long steel rails. They slid the tub out of the truck on the rails.

The tub is 92x92 inches and weighs 700 lbs. dry.

Here's a picture of the delivery guys positioning the tub until it got to its balance point on the edge of the truck.

DSCF8373.jpg

The guys didn't have a winch or a ramp. Just the steel rails and the dolly you see in the bottom of the picture.

After they positioned the tub and left, my wife wanted the tub moved. The two of us managed to move the tub using nothing more than a hand truck, some 2x4s, and a furniture dolly. We used the hand truck as a lever to lift the one side up a few inches as we slid in a 2x4 on one side. We managed to continue to lift the one side using a combination of the hand truck and additional lumber until it was high enough that a dolly could fit underneath. We then levered up the other side in a similar fashion until we could center the dolly. We moved the tub quite easily once it was on wheels.

Good luck in your move.

Ken