Still No Spa

kellymc62

Well.... we are pouring a new patio front and back, driveway, front walkway, side walkway on one side of the house. We had a bench and raised planter built as well with flagstone caps. So this project feels like it's taking FOREVER! We just wanted a hot tub! My husband says we should have just bought a soft tub and plopped it right down in the backyard. But the driveway had weeds poking through and it was definitely time to do this. We're starting our 3rd week here on Monday. They were supposed to pour on Monday and now it's looking like THURSDAY!

We also realized that although we have a wide enough gate to the backyard to move in a hot tub, we don't have the vertical clearance for an 8 foot tub. BUMMER! I'm not even sure if a HS Sovereign will fit. So we're looking at a crane. I sure don't want a crane on my new concrete. We have a pretty average sized California tract home lot with a 3/2 ranch style house on it. I sure hope the crane can sit in the street and reach to the backyard.

Anyways... please post photos of your hot tubs so I can feel excited again and know that the end is in sight!

Kelly

We had to have our spa craned in from the street at the back of our house, it had to lift over garages as well.

The crane company should come out and survey before the lift, if you tell them you want the crane in the road, then they should send the correct size crane with enough reach to do that.

Anyways... please post photos of your hot tubs so I can feel excited again and know that the end is in sight!

Kelly

DSC03715.jpg

A Sovereign should fit easy through an opening that is 6'10" or taller. The delivery crew might have to put it down on carpet or plastic and slide it, but it should be no problem. :)

Hang in there!

Terminator