Jacuzzi J345

ddhottub

Thinking about buying a Jacuzzi J345 for around $8500 cdn. lid lifter, steps, delivery and taxes included in that price. First question is that a fair price. Dealer seems really good and going to wet test this weekend. Our second choice is a Gulf coast for $900 cheaper but my concern is their good service for that tub in the area, the seller is in a warehouse and I am concerned for $900 is it better to go with Jacuzzi. Lastly is their some other brand other than Coast spas, Hydropool and Beachcomber we should consider because we do not like any of the models they have to offer. We are a family of 4 with a 6 & 9 year old and we are both 5' 9".

New to the forum and so far very usefull.

Dave

Thinking about buying a Jacuzzi J345 for around $8500 cdn. lid lifter, steps, delivery and taxes included in that price. First question is that a fair price. Dealer seems really good and going to wet test this weekend. Our second choice is a Gulf coast for $900 cheaper but my concern is their good service for that tub in the area, the seller is in a warehouse and I am concerned for $900 is it better to go with Jacuzzi. Lastly is their some other brand other than Coast spas, Hydropool and Beachcomber we should consider because we do not like any of the models they have to offer. We are a family of 4 with a 6 & 9 year old and we are both 5' 9".

Dave

Hey Dave!

Welcome to the world of hot tubs. I am in the process of looking, researching and testing tubs myself. I am in Buffalo NY and recently received a quote from a local dealer for $6018 for the J345 including all the things you mentioned with the exception of tax. J345 seems to be a nice tub. Was the first one I looked at, but never got back there to wet test. I am still looking and have wet tested the Tiger River Caspian and Envoy. Still want to check out the Caldera line (Niagara, Hawaiian). You can do a search on Jacuzzi 345 on this forum and you will find many posts. Its a great forum with many knowledgable consumers that have also done extensive research themselves. Read as much as you can and you will gain an abundant amt of info in a short period. The common thread you will see is to stick with a reputable manufacturer with a good warranty, a quality dealer, and be sure to wet test as many as possible. Most seem to be very happy with Hot Springs, Caldera, Jacuzzi, Dimension one and Sundance and Beachcomber. There are many models to choose from depending on your price point.

Good luck in your search!!

Paul

Dave

I almost bought the same tub. Had a driveout price of $6500 US dollars including cover lifter, cover, steps, and exterior lighting, deliver and start up chemicals. I got scared off by stories about problems with the controls.

Dave

I almost bought the same tub. Had a driveout price of $6500 US dollars including cover lifter, cover, steps, and exterior lighting, deliver and start up chemicals. I got scared off by stories about problems with the controls.

We went for the J365 on the weekend mainly because of the extra room and the foot jets sold us. It seems every tub has an issue I hope we won't have many. We went for it also because it suited us the best after wet testing many models. That is the best advice.

Just have to wait 4 to 6 weeks. BTW we spent $9500 cdn cover lifter,cover delivery ans start up chemicals.

I agree with you completely. I know most of us are over-thinking our decision. We could probably get a lemon from the best of companies or a real gem from a lesser company. I've found wet testing is the most important factor. I started out with the intention of buying online from a big box store. I decided to wet test in my area to see if I wanted a lounger or not. Realized there was no way I could buy a tub without wet testing it. Could I have been happy with a spa I purchased online? Probably, but I know that I will be happy buying a spa that I've tested. Would love to see some pictures when you get your spa installed. Good luck with it!

We could probably get a lemon from the best of companies or a real gem from a lesser company.

True, in either case you can get a lemon or a gem. The thing to realize is you're just about 5x as apt to get a lemon from some of the lesser spa companies in the industry as compared to some of the better spa companies. Don't just shop on price though because "lesser" is largely defined by quality and some companies like Cal, Master and Thermo put expensive glitzy spas out there but I personally wouldn't trust their quality.

We could probably get a lemon from the best of companies or a real gem from a lesser company.

True, in either case you can get a lemon or a gem. The thing to realize is you're just about 5x as apt to get a lemon from some of the lesser spa companies in the industry as compared to some of the better spa companies. Don't just shop on price though because "lesser" is largely defined by quality and some companies like Cal, Master and Thermo put expensive glitzy spas out there but I personally wouldn't trust their quality.

I couldn’t agree more about over thinking our decision to purchase a practical hot tub, my wife thought I was crazy for wanting to look at so many and wet test. But once we tried a few she did agree it was the right thing to do. I think her concern was I would not buy one. We will have this tub longer than any car I have owned.

• 2 weeks later...

We bought the J365 too and it arrives Friday. Wet test did it foe us too, plus Jacuzzi seemed to have a good rep (lots of differing opinions here though!). Our cost was $9200 with the same features (note - no step).

We went for the J365 on the weekend mainly because of the extra room and the foot jets sold us. It seems every tub has an issue I hope we won't have many. We went for it also because it suited us the best after wet testing many models. That is the best advice.

Just have to wait 4 to 6 weeks. BTW we spent $9500 cdn cover lifter,cover delivery ans start up chemicals.

We bought the J365 too and it arrives Friday. Wet test did it foe us too, plus Jacuzzi seemed to have a good rep (lots of differing opinions here though!). Our cost was $9200 with the same features (note - no step).

Your price is that in cdn. funds and does that include taxes. It is good to see that the price is so close and as well the local dealer was very helpful.

I've found wet testing is the most important factor. I started out with the intention of buying online from a big box store. I decided to wet test in my area to see if I wanted a lounger or not. Realized there was no way I could buy a tub without wet testing it.

I had the same experience when wet testing - I tested three different brands, and found them to be vastly different. I think people who say "It's just a tub of hot water with some jets, they're all the same" really haven't done a wet test. Once you do, you realize that just because a tub has a certain set of components or comes from a certain manufacturer doesn't mean you'll like it.

Your price is that in cdn. funds and does that include taxes. It is good to see that the price is so close and as well the local dealer was very helpful.

Yes CDN and tax in. I'm in Ajax.

Hope you have better luck with jacuzzi then my wife and i had. We live in St. Louis and were looking to buy a jacuzzi tub, after going to two different dealers in the area and getting two totaly different sets of quotes and info on the same tub they told us to let them come out and give us a free home site evaluation, we agreed, (it was free) well after TWO missed appointments (no call no show ) we decided that if that is the service we are going to get before they get the sale what is it going to be like after they get the check!