New Tub Purchase, Little Help Narrowing It Down

04darkshadowgt

Well I have been to many dealer and have several different brands in mind. My general price range is around $4,000. At this point I like the idea of a 110 convertable to 220 because we are planning on moving in a few years and see no need to spend the $$ to run the 220 unless I have to but I am still able to switch if I decide I need to.

I live in Fort Wayne, IN where master spa is located and I have read some of the stories on here, but honestly the people where very friendly to me and upfront about some of the differences between models. I also looked at brands such as hot spring, nordic, sundance, etc and most where just out of my price range. I am not particularly fond of the round tubs, but would consider one it the price was right. The temp around here gets to low 20s on occasion and sometimes lower but not often. Mostly its around 30s in the winter. I am certainly concerned about if some are insulated better than others.

For the most part it will be 2 people but it would be nice to accomodate 4 but its not mandatory. We are wet testing the Solana TX, Hotspot, and Dreammaker X-500 Saturday. The California Cooperage are both closeout models at a local dealer who will still carry Coleman brand but not Cal Cooperage. I think they are a pretty good price for what they are but would like some feedback from the experts to be sure.

I think at this point I am leaning Dream Maker because the dealer offers a deal where if within 12 months you can trade in the tub for what you paid for it towards the purchase of a different one. The reason is this is our first tub and I really am not sure how much we will use it and dont want to spend $5,000 if we arent going to use it as much as I think we are.

If I skip the dreammaker I think the hotspot sorrento seem to be the best bang for the buck. But there may be a reason for that.

spagv6.jpg

I have sat in all the spas on the list and I really like them all thus far.

You've obviously done a lot of research. However, sitting in a dry tub is VERY different than sitting in a wet tub. The jets will all feel different too. I strongly recommend actually wet testing the models you're interested in.

One note about your Dream Maker trade in offer - it sounds like you don't get your money back within 12 months - just a trade in for a different model, correct? So, if your problem with the tub after a few months is that you just don't use it, then trading it in for a different model will not help you any. What WILL make a difference is whether you really like the spa or not - and the only way to find that out is to try one out.

You've obviously done a lot of research. However, sitting in a dry tub is VERY different than sitting in a wet tub. The jets will all feel different too. I strongly recommend actually wet testing the models you're interested in.

One note about your Dream Maker trade in offer - it sounds like you don't get your money back within 12 months - just a trade in for a different model, correct? So, if your problem with the tub after a few months is that you just don't use it, then trading it in for a different model will not help you any. What WILL make a difference is whether you really like the spa or not - and the only way to find that out is to try one out.

Yes we are doing a few wet tests this weekend including the hotspot and dreammaker.

And yes the dream maker deal is within 12 months you can trade it in for any tub the dealer has and get the full price paid as the trade. Its certainly no Costco return policy but the dreammaker only weights 250 lbs so it would be much easier than returning a tub 3 times that size to Costco.

But my major question is with the hotspot sorrento and mallorca, how well are they insulated? I know the are a affiliated with Hot Springs through Watkins, but Daewoo is also affiliated with Chevy and makes the Aveo but I wouldnt touch that with a 10 ft poll.

If the hotspot is not very well insulated it may be better to spend a bit more now and save $20 a month over the next 5-10 years.

What happens if you decide that you don’t like Dreammaker spas altogether. You might decide that you don’t like the friction-based heater, brand performance, or operating cost. Does the dealer offer any other brands that you are allowed to trade up to?

What happens if you decide that you don’t like Dreammaker spas altogether. You might decide that you don’t like the friction-based heater, brand performance, or operating cost. Does the dealer offer any other brands that you are allowed to trade up to?

You can trade in for any brand they carry. They carry any coleman brand and Shoreline. So they do have some good higher quality tubs. I dont think you have to have any reason to trade it back in, just bring it back to the store and then go for it.

BUt my biggest question is, how is the insualtion on the hotspot brand. I like the looks of them, they are 110/220 convertable, are made by a good builder in Watkins, but there has to be a reason they are less than tiger river and hot springs. But it does seem to be a much better tub for $1000 extra over the Dreammaker and it does come with delivery, steps, and lifter which the dreammaker doesnt.

• 2 months later...

Dream maker is a cool little plug in jobbie

Have you looked at the Freeflow spas? We have a Freeflow Passport, which was a fairly affordable tub in the size range you want and is convertible 110/220. We are quite happy with it.