Tiger River Caspian Vs. Bengal

ncgirl

Can someone tell me why the Caspian has two jet pumps and the Bengal only one? There isn't that big a difference in the number of jets. Also, I keep reading that with the Watkins spas all jets cannot be run at once. Does this mean they won't run all at once or that the pressure won't be as strong? With the Caspian will both jet pumps run at one time? Finally, how often will I be replacing filters with these spas? Thanks. This forum is a great learning tool.

Can someone tell me why the Caspian has two jet pumps and the Bengal only one? There isn't that big a difference in the number of jets. Also, I keep reading that with the Watkins spas all jets cannot be run at once. Does this mean they won't run all at once or that the pressure won't be as strong? With the Caspian will both jet pumps run at one time? Finally, how often will I be replacing filters with these spas? Thanks. This forum is a great learning tool.

You can run all the jets at the same time in the Caspian but not the Bengal, Caspian has 10 more jets plus a waterfall. Having said that, I personally like the Bengal, you have more adjustment of the jets, while the caspian is full blast all the time. You can choose to have both pumps running at the same time or not. Find a dealer with a wet one so you can try it.

You can run all the jets at the same time in the Caspian but not the Bengal, Caspian has 10 more jets plus a waterfall. Having said that, I personally like the Bengal, you have more adjustment of the jets, while the caspian is full blast all the time. You can choose to have both pumps running at the same time or not. Find a dealer with a wet one so you can try it.

Thanks! What about upkeep? How often will I have to replace the filters?

I like the Tiger River Caspian better, personally. I like a deeper spa, since, I have 4 or more people in the spa often. The deeper spa puts everyone more upright giving us more leg room. If it were just me and whoever I was dating at the time, the Tiger River Bengal would be my pick!

I like the Tiger River Caspian better, personally. I like a deeper spa, since, I have 4 or more people in the spa often. The deeper spa puts everyone more upright giving us more leg room. If it were just me and whoever I was dating at the time, the Tiger River Bengal would be my pick!

Sounds like you need both models in your life. lol

keep us updated on your choice.

Clean them at least once a month and they should last you 2-3 years.

You seem to be the Hot Springs guy. How often will I need to drain the Caspian or the Mallorca? Why does this have to be done with a hot tub and not with a pool? Finally, except for obvious things like warranty and seating, how would you compare the TR Caspian with the Hot Spot Mallorca? Thanks again!

It's recommended that you drain the spa every four months. The reason you do this is that a spa is a very small body of water compared to a swimming pool. The water can only be treated so much before it becomes saturated to the point where you need to just start over with fresh water.

As a HotSpring, Tiger River, and HotSpot dealer, I would much prefer the Caspian. It is an outstanding spa. Very comfortable, powerful, easy to maintain. It has a self-cleaning cycle, large LED light, BOTTOM DRAIN (never, ever buy a spa without a drain in the bottom, like your bathtub), no-fault titanium heater, 24 hr circulation pump, more jet variety, etc, etc.

The Caspian is a Cadillac, the Mallorca is a generic spa made and priced similiar to what most other spa companies sell.

Good luck with your shopping and be sure to wet test. Make it fun!

:)

Terminator

It's recommended that you drain the spa every four months. The reason you do this is that a spa is a very small body of water compared to a swimming pool. The water can only be treated so much before it becomes saturated to the point where you need to just start over with fresh water.

As a HotSpring, Tiger River, and HotSpot dealer, I would much prefer the Caspian. It is an outstanding spa. Very comfortable, powerful, easy to maintain. It has a self-cleaning cycle, large LED light, BOTTOM DRAIN (never, ever buy a spa without a drain in the bottom, like your bathtub), no-fault titanium heater, 24 hr circulation pump, more jet variety, etc, etc.

The Caspian is a Cadillac, the Mallorca is a generic spa made and priced similiar to what most other spa companies sell.

Good luck with your shopping and be sure to wet test. Make it fun!

:)

Terminator

Well term, you just sold me,I'll take 2.