Caldera Vs. Hot Spot

ncgirl

What is the difference between the Caldera Olympia and the Hot Spot Azurite? They look just alike to me. Are they decent tubs? Also, what is the deal with Caldera/Hot Springs? One guy told me that Watkins bought Caldera but that the Hot Springs and Caldera tubs are nothing alike. Another guy told me they come off the same assembly line.

What is the difference between the Caldera Olympia and the Hot Spot Azurite? They look just alike to me. Are they decent tubs? Also, what is the deal with Caldera/Hot Springs? One guy told me that Watkins bought Caldera but that the Hot Springs and Caldera tubs are nothing alike. Another guy told me they come off the same assembly line.

OOps! Not Azurite. I guess that's a color. It's the Hot Spot Mallorca that looks to me like the Caldera Olympia.

The Mallorca and the Olympia are essentially the same tub with cosmetic differences.

The manufacturer of Hot Spring and Caldera is Watkins Manufacturing. Watkins has made Hot Spring for 29 years. They did buy Caldera. Most of the spas are NOT made on the assmbly line. However, the Hot Spot series by Hot Spring and the Highlander series by Caldera are. Some of the components of Caldera and Hot Spring are the same, but beyond that, they are way different. They are different stylistically and the way the filter and the way they are programed. Different shell materials.

Imagine GM owning different auto divisions and different brands.

If you attracted to the Mallorca/Olympia, all other things being equal, go with the dealer you are most comfortable with.

Hope this helps.

hi, Just bought a Caldera spa the new Moorea Model which is the paradise line.... JUST LOVE IT.... Got it this last Friday and been enjoying since.... was looking at the hot springs also to buy but really love the Caldera jets are alot more powerful and great quailty spa with same warrenty as hot springs for this line in the paradise series.... Like they said go with the dealer that has been in business a long time and look at the warrenty of the spa... Good luck.... ;)

• 2 months later...

hi, Just bought a Caldera spa the new Moorea Model which is the paradise line.... JUST LOVE IT.... Got it this last Friday and been enjoying since.... was looking at the hot springs also to buy but really love the Caldera jets are alot more powerful and great quailty spa with same warrenty as hot springs for this line in the paradise series.... Like they said go with the dealer that has been in business a long time and look at the warrenty of the spa... Good luck.... ;)

I wet tested the Moorea. Very nice. I am consider purchasing that same model. I am reasearching prices. If you don't mind could you share with us how much you paid. Thanks