Vitaspa Nuage, Sundance Optima, Or Artisian Piper Glenn?

Solomon

Hi,

I am a Newbie from New England and, probably like everyone else, have done quite a bit of research in trying to figure out which hot tub to purchase. I think I've narrowed it down to the three listed above.

I've been quoted prices of:

Optima - $9900.00 + 5% tax. Includes ozonator-cover w/lift-stairs-delivery without crane

service. No Stereo.

Piper Glenn - $12,300.00 plus 5% tax - same accessories/delivery as above.

Nuage - $10,700.00 plus 5% tax - same accessories/delivery as above.

The same dealer sells the Nuage & the Piper Glenn. I feel his prices are a bit steep, however he is the only local dealer of either brand, so I guess I'm stuck!

I plan to wet test all three, however only the Optima & the Piper Glenn are on display with water in them. The Nuage is on display, but is empty.

I guess my questions for this forum are:

1. Does anyone have any recommendations which may be the better hot tub?

2. Does the pricing seem reasonable?

3. Should I ask the Nuage dealer to accommodate me to wet test the Nuage?

THANKS FOR ANY HELP! :D

Hi,

I am a Newbie from New England and, probably like everyone else, have done quite a bit of research in trying to figure out which hot tub to purchase. I think I've narrowed it down to the three listed above.

Optima - $9900.00 + 5% tax. Includes ozonator-cover w/lift-stairs-delivery without crane

service. No Stereo.

The same dealer sells the Nuage & the Piper Glenn. I feel his prices are a bit steep, however he is the only local dealer of either brand, so I guess I'm stuck!

I plan to wet test all three, however only the Optima & the Piper Glenn are on display with water in them. The Nuage is on display, but is empty.

Judging from your post, you may be looking at the Optima at NE Spas. I can recommend them as a dealer and they have been around amost as long as Sundance and HotSpring. I own a 2002 Optima and its been a great spa and would most likely be the spa I would purchase again. My number 2 choice would be HotSpring Grandee. The price looks about right where NE Spas sells them. You will see lower prices on the forums but in that area that is where the pricing is at.

The Artesian spas look beautiful and the Piper Glenn seems to be their best seller. I personally am not sold on all the different pumps for each seat. Spas generally get used in a very different way than what people expect before they buy. Piper Glenn owners seem very happy with their spas. If the dealer is Crocker Sales, I can't say I've heard the best about them but I have no personal experience.

Vita spas are a not in the same level as Sundance or HotSprings or Artesian. Thats not to say its not a good spa but you should be sure its the spa you want and should definitely wet test it.

Best of luck.

(Vita spas are a not in the same level as Sundance or HotSprings or Artesian)

Why you say VitaSpas are not in the same class as Artesian?

I own an Artesian Piper Glen. Artesian is considered to be in the same class as Hot Springs, Sundance, etc. Quality wise, Vitaspas are considered to be a step below although there are happy Vita owners out there. One of the reasons why I purchased the Piper Glen over the Optima is the exact reason why Tony didn't choose the Piper Glen. We loved the fact that it has an individual pump for each seat....in our minds it's a definite advantage over the Optima. So obviously that's a personal choice....what works for one might not work for another. Good luck!

By the way, your quote for the Piper Glen seems high to me. Does that include stereo? Should be more like 11K. I paid 10K in Oct 2006 (no stereo).

NO stereo was included in that price. Unfortunately the local dealer has no competition

so he can set his own prices.

Yea that piper glen price did seem high, were currently spa searching and were quoted 11.500 for a new piper glen w/o stereo. We seem to be sold on the fact that each seat has its own pump, all the diverter crap was sometimes confusing and frustrating. And if we loaded the tub to full capacity, I don't like the fact that you'd have to share the power with someone else. I also like that if you're the only one in the tub, you can have just your seat on, or customize it with maybe putting only the water feature and waterfall on. Your search seems very similar to ours, we still can't decide on the lounger vs. no lounger, so our search is down to Sundance optima/cameo or Artesian pelican bay/piper glen/dove canyon

I'm a fan of the Nuage from Vita. Given that you are spending a lot of $$$ on a luxury item... why wouldn't you let the dealer earn your business and have him set up a Nuage for you to wet test? All 3 are quality tubs althought Vita does not have the name recognition you may have from the other guys. I'd base my decision on comfort, durability, dealer service and warranty.

DON'T GET A STEREO ON ANY HOT TUB!!

Hi,

service. No Stereo.

The Artesian spas look beautiful and the Piper Glenn seems to be their best seller. I personally am not sold on all the different pumps for each seat. Spas generally get used in a very different way than what people expect before they buy. Piper Glenn owners seem very happy with their spas. If the dealer is Crocker Sales, I can't say I've heard the best about them but I have no personal experience

I actually know of Crocker Sales and know that they are very customer service friendly.

I would wet test the three spas and see which one you like the best because all those prices seem high to me.