Cal Spas H901 Vs. Sundance 680 Tacoma

going2baja

slight problem, you will never fit 3 people in either of those tubs. The sundance has 3 seats but like the Marquis they dont make it comfortable to sit in. If you are just wanting a 2 person corner spa the best corner spa I have ever seen is made my DM Industries who makes Vita and Reflections. I would look to see if you have a vita dealership close.

http://vitaspa.com/spa-showroom/L100/amour.htm

http://www.spas-hot-tubs.com/proddetail.php?prod=Valencia

those beat the heck out of what you are looking at now.

Never in a million years would I say this but on this one tub, if its only between sundance and cal I would take the cal, I sat in the sundance triangle and did not find it comfortable at all, dont see how even a second person would fit. Sundance is a much better tub then Cal is, Vita is better then Cal too.

Good luck let us know how the shopping goes

slight problem, you will never fit 3 people in either of those tubs. The sundance has 3 seats but like the Marquis they dont make it comfortable to sit in. If you are just wanting a 2 person corner spa the best corner spa I have ever seen is made my DM Industries who makes Vita and Reflections. I would look to see if you have a vita dealership close.

http://vitaspa.com/spa-showroom/L100/amour.htm

http://www.spas-hot-tubs.com/proddetail.php?prod=Valencia

those beat the heck out of what you are looking at now.

Never in a million years would I say this but on this one tub, if its only between sundance and cal I would take the cal, I sat in the sundance triangle and did not find it comfortable at all, dont see how even a second person would fit. Sundance is a much better tub then Cal is, Vita is better then Cal too.

Good luck let us know how the shopping goes

TSG - Thanks for the great link, however neither spa is available near me (SO Cal.) I also was thinking I wanted to stay away from the loungers. That seemed to be one constant I read here and other places that loungers made you float.

The Sundance looks nice. The third seat loks like it is only for someone to sit on the edge. I have a family of four, but the two kids are 3 and 3 months, so it would be really for one adult and a child at a time. There might be the rare time that my wife and I get to use it together, but I'm guessing my three year old and I would be using it the most.

Anyone care to comment on CAL Spas? Their website looks link of budget, are the spas the same?

Anyone care to comment on CAL Spas? Their website looks link of budget, are the spas the same?

Two things:

1) That spa layout has become pretty standard. I'm not sure who's in your market but you'll find Hot Springs, Caldera, Marquis and others that supply that as well. Those and Sundance are all solid brands but I'm not a fan of Cal in general. What area are you in?

2) You may only have two kids and one may be 3 months but a couple years from now they'll both want to get in the spa. Unless you have space issue I'd plan a little further into the future. My youngest of three sons was 2 when we got our spa and he and his brothers used it like a pool. I'd hate to see you get the size that works now but doesn't work well in 2 years.

Two things:

1) That spa layout has become pretty standard. I'm not sure who's in your market but you'll find Hot Springs, Caldera, Marquis and others that supply that as well. Those and Sundance are all solid brands but I'm not a fan of Cal in general. What area are you in?

2) You may only have two kids and one may be 3 months but a couple years from now they'll both want to get in the spa. Unless you have space issue I'd plan a little further into the future. My youngest of three sons was 2 when we got our spa and he and his brothers used it like a pool. I'd hate to see you get the size that works now but doesn't work well in 2 years.

Space my major concern and a triangle is the only thing that will fit. I just found the Costco Discovery Dreamscape but it doesn't show the spa empty. I have a phone number for a Discovery Spa in Vancouver WA but they aren't open yet. I'll try later. They also don't seem to have a website. See link below.

I agree that the kids will be bigger soon....how does that saying go? "The days are long but the years go fast?" But I think we'll be in another home in 4-6 years. There is also a community pool/spa 100 yards away.

This spa is mainly for my bad back. I'm an airline pilot and when I get back from a trip my back is toast.

Plese keep the comment coming -- Great info and site!!!

• 1 month later...

I have been looking at the same spas and also live in So Cal (the OC). I like the Cal Spa most for comfort and style but keep reading about the bad warranty. I also considered the Costco. It is actually made by Keys Spas in Texas. I am concerned about service on them since they have to call a 3rd party to come out and do the service.

Have you made your purchase yet?

Hi Ron - Still shopping. Had a Sundance Marin lined up for $3200 but the seller had some strange things going on. I think it might have been hot. I've decided to place the spa in a different location in my back yard and I'm now looking at max 8'x7'. I think I've narrowed it down to a Jacuzzi 460 or 355....Deciding on budget.

If you are still looking for a small triangle spa look no further than the Marquis rendezvous. A few thousand less than the Sundance and just as good as far as I could tell. If you don't have a Marquis dealing in the OC there is one down here in the N. County in San Marcos. Happy shopping! Also keep an eye on Craig's List - I check it daily.

Baja.

Hi Ron - Still shopping. Had a Sundance Marin lined up for $3200 but the seller had some strange things going on. I think it might have been hot. I've decided to place the spa in a different location in my back yard and I'm now looking at max 8'x7'. I think I've narrowed it down to a Jacuzzi 460 or 355....Deciding on budget.

If you are still looking for a small triangle spa look no further than the Marquis rendezvous. A few thousand less than the Sundance and just as good as far as I could tell. If you don't have a Marquis dealing in the OC there is one down here in the N. County in San Marcos. Happy shopping! Also keep an eye on Craig's List - I check it daily.

Baja.

Thanks - you are right. No Marquis dealers in the area. Do you know anything about buying spas at the county fairs? I know the dealers are all there and are supposed to have better prices there. The LA County fair is in progress for 9 more days. I may go this Sunday and check it out.

Good going Ron - That was my 1st choice after I gave up on the triangle plan. Take plenty of before and after pics to share - Sounds like it's going to be great once finished!!

TSG - Still shopping. Looking at Marqui, Jacuzzi and still have Sundance in my back pocket but their $$ is still out of my range. Also waiting to hear from a guy with a J-345 that is like new on Craigslist.

I have to keep in mind that I'm looking for a container that heats water and provides therapy - This shouldn't have to cost $10k+ for a good spa that is 7x7.

Baja.