The Caldera Is Installed!

The new spa got delivered this morning, should have been saturday but they only showed up with 2 guys and needed 6 at least to get it down the hill. This morning bright and early, 8 guys showed up and manuevered the monster down the hill and slid it up on the deck! 2 hours later, filled and running! Should be good enough to use tomorrow! Very excited, pics to follow soon!

The new spa got delivered this morning, should have been saturday but they only showed up with 2 guys and needed 6 at least to get it down the hill. This morning bright and early, 8 guys showed up and manuevered the monster down the hill and slid it up on the deck! 2 hours later, filled and running! Should be good enough to use tomorrow! Very excited, pics to follow soon!

GREAT NEWS!!!!! yes pics :D:D

John 104 degrees

You'll love it once the wrinkles are ironed out....you would think the dealer would want you able to use it ASAP for potential referrals. Good Luck, I hope they come today. Yes, Post your pics!

http://picasaweb.google.com/ghalge/HotTubP...889482815489218

I have already sat in it once.........without chems. I got tired of waiting. I've been waiting on a call back from them all day, so far nothing. I'm not to satisfied with service after the sale like they bragged about. My salesman hasnt even called to do a follow up. It'll happen, just impatient.

WELL..............I FINALLY HEARD FROM MY DEALER ABOUT THE INITIAL SETUP/ORIENTATION. LETS REMEMBER THAT IT WAS DELIVERED MONDAY, 2 DAYS LATER THAN THE ORIGINAL DELIVERY DAY. YEAH, NOW THEY ARE SAYING FRIDAY NIGHT THEY CAN COME BY. I SAID THAT WAS UNACCEPTABLE, THE NEXT QUICK FIX WAS FOR ME TO COME BY THE SHOWROOM AND THEY WILL SHOW ME WHAT TO DO TO GET IT BALANCED UNTIL THEY COME OVER FRIDAY. I CAN AND WILL DO THAT BECAUSE I WANT TO USE IT, BUT HELLO? YOU PAY THAT MUCH AND THEN ZERO SERVICE AFTER THE SALE..............STILL STOKED ABOUT THE TUB AND PRICE. NOT SO MUCH WITH THE DEALER.

Most dealers are running a little lean on employees, because of the economy and slow sales.

Be patient. But do keep us posted.

WELL..............I FINALLY HEARD FROM MY DEALER ABOUT THE INITIAL SETUP/ORIENTATION. LETS REMEMBER THAT IT WAS DELIVERED MONDAY, 2 DAYS LATER THAN THE ORIGINAL DELIVERY DAY. YEAH, NOW THEY ARE SAYING FRIDAY NIGHT THEY CAN COME BY. I SAID THAT WAS UNACCEPTABLE, THE NEXT QUICK FIX WAS FOR ME TO COME BY THE SHOWROOM AND THEY WILL SHOW ME WHAT TO DO TO GET IT BALANCED UNTIL THEY COME OVER FRIDAY. I CAN AND WILL DO THAT BECAUSE I WANT TO USE IT, BUT HELLO? YOU PAY THAT MUCH AND THEN ZERO SERVICE AFTER THE SALE..............STILL STOKED ABOUT THE TUB AND PRICE. NOT SO MUCH WITH THE DEALER.

Hang in there, Matt! I'm sure once you're completely up and running, this minor blip will all be a distant memory (easy for me to say, right???) :)

Anyway, not that this will help your situation, but it might be helpful for any dealers who frequent this board...both of the local dealers I considered (i.e., Jacuzzi and Caldera) offer regularly scheduled, in-store, chemical orientation classes - while this may not seem like "customized, to your door service" it certainly does set an expectation...anyway, we ordered the Jacuzzi last Friday, and will take the last orientation class, immediately before it is delivered, so that once it is on-site and installed we will be ready to go! So, this is something you might want to suggest to your dealer for future consideration (again, not that it will help with you current situation)...

Good luck, and let us know how it all works out!

Thanks, John (and sorry, Matt, for getting off-topic here)...we started out looking at models in the J-300 series, but at the end of the day, after some haggling, additional discounts and "throw-ins" we upgraded to the J-470 (I really liked the lounger in the J-480 - for me, it was the most comfortable that I wet-tested - but I just could not justify the extra $600 the dealer wanted for that model, plus the rest of the family could care less about a lounger)...anyway, we're all happy the decision-making process is over! :D

]

Thanks, John (and sorry, Matt, for getting off-topic here)...we started out looking at models in the J-300 series, but at the end of the day, after some haggling, additional discounts and "throw-ins" we upgraded to the J-470 (I really liked the lounger in the J-480 - for me, it was the most comfortable that I wet-tested - but I just could not justify the extra $600 the dealer wanted for that model, plus the rest of the family could care less about a lounger)...anyway, we're all happy the decision-making process is over! :D

You lucky Dog :D:D

WELL..............I FINALLY HEARD FROM MY DEALER ABOUT THE INITIAL SETUP/ORIENTATION. LETS REMEMBER THAT IT WAS DELIVERED MONDAY, 2 DAYS LATER THAN THE ORIGINAL DELIVERY DAY. YEAH, NOW THEY ARE SAYING FRIDAY NIGHT THEY CAN COME BY. I SAID THAT WAS UNACCEPTABLE, THE NEXT QUICK FIX WAS FOR ME TO COME BY THE SHOWROOM AND THEY WILL SHOW ME WHAT TO DO TO GET IT BALANCED UNTIL THEY COME OVER FRIDAY...

Slightly OT, but is this "setup" appointment typical? I know dealers often show you how to operate and use the tub upon delivery, and my dealer has always been available before and after the sale for questions, but I've never heard of someone coming out after delivery just to show the customer how to use the chemicals.

Slightly OT, but is this "setup" appointment typical? I know dealers often show you how to operate and use the tub upon delivery, and my dealer has always been available before and after the sale for questions, but I've never heard of someone coming out after delivery just to show the customer how to use the chemicals.

My former dealer did this.

When I purchased my spa, the sales person came to the house to do a start up and give instructions.