Master Spa Lsx 1050

hockeyphoto

My wife and i checked out the Master spa lsx 1050 with the tv and stereo and thought it was nice. It seemed to have jets in the right place and we liked the size f the tub. The dealer outsources all the service to a third party that just does spa maintenance (for several dealers) which may be a good thing.

Anyway, the real questions, has anyone bought one and how much did you pay. Second would you recommend another brand that is the same size or bigger.

My wife and i checked out the Master spa lsx 1050 with the tv and stereo and thought it was nice. It seemed to have jets in the right place and we liked the size f the tub. The dealer outsources all the service to a third party that just does spa maintenance (for several dealers) which may be a good thing.

Anyway, the real questions, has anyone bought one and how much did you pay. Second would you recommend another brand that is the same size or bigger.

Master tends to get beat up quite a bit on these spa forums for their business practices and quality. Do a search and decide for yourself. I'm not a fan of stereos in spas (there is a reason the warranties are only 1 year) but many like them. However, I definitely would recommend rethinking the TV idea; they can be very troublesome. Cal sells a similarly large spa with TV and while I'm not a fan of them either they are an option to Master (you can search on them as well). As far as the outsourcing goes, many may frown on that but I've seen it work well that way so if its a good service tech/group then that's fine.

If you're willing to rethink the TV idea there are other options. Every spa company has a 7½' square spa or so but you're talking about one that is even larger and not everyone carries those. If you really want a spa around that size my opinion would be to also take a look at a Sundance Maxxus or the D1 Sarena Bay or maybe the Pelican Bay from Artesian. They are all huge spas from good spa makers though none of them offer the TV option (not a coincidence IMO).

Where are you located? I would love to discuss further. My email is jokersoaker@aol.com for pricing and delivery.

Thanks

Joseph

Where are you located? I would love to discuss further. My email is jokersoaker@aol.com for pricing and delivery.

Thanks

Joseph

Update

I am in Monroe NY. I am fine with no TV. we are now also concidering The D1 Serena Bay and the Hydropool Model 1038 titanium plus series. D1 seems to be a favorite of the postings. They both list for about 17-19k. Any real pricing info or good/bad experiance?

• 2 weeks later...

We looked at the TV and stereo option before buying the LSX without these options and were glad we did. Our SPA is located on a patio that is enclosed on three sides which tends to hold the sound of the jets and pumps running, especially at high speed. We also live in a neighborhood where the lots are only 85' wide and our SPA is located close to the property line. I would be concerned that in order to hear the TV/Stereo it would have to be turned up pretty loud thus possibly causing problems with the neighbors. Of course, if you are like some neighbors I have experienced and don't care about anybody but yourself then go for it. We also thought that watching TV in the SPA didn't fit in with the reason why we were buying a SPA in the first place.

We looked at the TV and stereo option before buying the LSX without these options and were glad we did. Our SPA is located on a patio that is enclosed on three sides which tends to hold the sound of the jets and pumps running, especially at high speed. We also live in a neighborhood where the lots are only 85' wide and our SPA is located close to the property line. I would be concerned that in order to hear the TV/Stereo it would have to be turned up pretty loud thus possibly causing problems with the neighbors. Of course, if you are like some neighbors I have experienced and don't care about anybody but yourself then go for it. We also thought that watching TV in the SPA didn't fit in with the reason why we were buying a SPA in the first place.

Prez Bush had or has the LSX 1050 at Camp David! Now that's impressive!

...and he has a HotSpring Grandee in the White House and a HotSpring Vanguard at his home in Crawford, TX!

...and he has a HotSpring Grandee in the White House and a HotSpring Vanguard at his home in Crawford, TX!

...and he has a track record for making great decisions :rolleyes::P

**Disclaimer** Im just kidding and don't want to make this a political debate **end disclaimer**

...and he has a track record for making great decisions :rolleyes::P

**Disclaimer** Im just kidding and don't want to make this a political debate **end disclaimer**

I believe it was Clinton who got the Hot Spring at the White House (actually, right outside the White House) after he hurt his leg tripping on the stairs at Greg Norman's house.

Of course, Clinton was not the first president to install a hot tub in the White House. John F. Kennedy installed the first one ("Ich bin ein Hotspringer"). Lyndon Johnson later had an Artesian ("All the way in a Pelican Bay!"). Carter didn't have one, but he lusted after one in his heart. Ronald Reagan had a D1 (a Californian). Bush Sr. had an Artesian, but he was never really happy with his model (a Quayle Ridge).

And Nixon? Not surprisingly, he had a Super Custom Fallsburg.

• 5 weeks later...

UPdate, We purchased the D1 Serena Bay for 13,500. the dealer ordered it today should be here in about 4 weeks. It really came down to #1 service and reputation #2 price.

UPdate, We purchased the D1 Serena Bay for 13,500. the dealer ordered it today should be here in about 4 weeks. It really came down to #1 service and reputation #2 price.

Smooth move!! :D

You can watch tv in your living room anytime, make the spa your getaway, music is nice. I would suggest not making your decision solely on the tv. We looked at a few different brands and dealers, all seemed ok. The only people unfortunately i did not care for was the master spa people, i actually went to a show in boston thinking it was going to be a variety of spa manufacturers and dealers, but it was just them. I still remember the salesman insisting you cannot buy a spa without "Mircoban" (which they had of course) and such. I dont know anything about there track record but they seemed to be a "floating" dealer. Personally, for big ticket items, i like to be able to walk back into the store and have them take care of it if there is a problem, not outsource it. Good luck and i am sure what ever you decide on you will be happy after your first soak. it is great.