Artesian Gold Class Opal Vs. Beachcomber 720

duck_man

They come out to around the same price at the end of the day with the same goodies. the Beachcomber has a cooler stereo but the Opal has better controls. Opal has 3 pumps plus circ, Beachcomber has 2 plus circ. Both have ozone, similar jets, etc. Beachcomber has what may be better foot massage jets - have to try them. The beachcomber outboard pumps won't work where we need to put the tub so we'd get them in the tub like everyone else's pumps.

Warranty looks a little better on the Artesian - Beachcomber makes you pay to have the same warranty as everyone else has standard???

What about insulation? Both are FF.

What should I get.....or suck it up and get the Piper Glen - nice but over budget!

You can get the Beachcomber plumbing on any side you want so it works with your area. The charge is usually $300. So if you did want the LE package you could do that.

The Beachcomber Aquacoustics is an ok system but it only runs of deck power and its hard to hear with the pumps running.It sounds good with nothing running. Before spending $2000 on the system I would wet test the tub that has a system & decide from there.

From a plumbing design standpoint the Beachcomber has the Artesian beat since the 720 has 2-2.5 hp pumps & thats constant hp plus a circ, while Artesian Opal needs 3 plus a circ to accomplish the same job.

If you go with a 720 with equipment inside it should be $500 less than outside.

We ended up getting the Opal - after spending some more time poking around at 2 Beachcomber dealers we went with the Artesian dealer - smaller dealer, nicer guy, better service. Less of a cheeseball sales pitch. After looking at every tub in town I was ready to give up and go home - I can only take so much of the BS 'our tub is the best', 'nobody else can do this' bla bla bla...

I like both tubs but the Artesian seems more comfortable. Both are the same price at the end of the day. I wanted the Piper but it's way more tub than the two of us need.

We also considered a Pacific but we were put off by the local dealer.

We ended up getting the Opal - after spending some more time poking around at 2 Beachcomber dealers we went with the Artesian dealer - smaller dealer, nicer guy, better service. Less of a cheeseball sales pitch. After looking at every tub in town I was ready to give up and go home - I can only take so much of the BS 'our tub is the best', 'nobody else can do this' bla bla bla...

I like both tubs but the Artesian seems more comfortable. Both are the same price at the end of the day. I wanted the Piper but it's way more tub than the two of us need.

We also considered a Pacific but we were put off by the local dealer.

Congrats! The Opal is a nice tub....enjoy!!!