New Thread - Pictures Of The Underside Of Your Tub.

duck_man

Here's a novel idea - let's keep this thread open for people to display pictures of the plumbing/electrical under their tubs. This way we can come on here and see the $3000 brand XXX tub's build quality vs. the $12000 brand YYY and make our own decisions.

I'm going to post some pics of the embarrassing mess underneath my Platinum tub when I open it to disconnect the electrical to return it to Costco this weekend.

I'd like to see underneath a Pacific/Arctic/Cal/D1/Jacuzzi/etc. before I buy another. It's easier to do here than to go to a dozen dealers. this way I can narrow the field first.

Post away, people!

Thanks for the link to all the pics. you'd think for the cash we shell out a lot of the big names would clean it up a bit. On the other hand, brands like D1...it's easy to put a plastic divider behind your pump to hide the ugly and make the pumps look pretty - I'd like to tear down a D1 and see the reality behind the fancy plastic compartment.

Wait until you see my soon-to-be-gone Platinum Legend. It's a legend all right. A Legend of embarrassment.

This is a great idea duck_man. Now we can see how trashy the guts of the Arctic/Cal/D1/Jacuzzi/Beachcomber/HotSprings/Costco tubs are compared with the Pacific Tubs. Pathfinder's pics show real well how neat all of the wiring in the Pacific is with all of the power and control cables gathered together into one neat sausage and tied up with zip ties. Awesome! Pacific tubs are the way of the future. The rest just look old-fashioned.

Not sure how anyone could say that compartment on the Pacific is neater than almost all of those mentioned but hey, if it's part of your sales pitch I guess you will say anything.