Dynasty Vs. La Spas

robin

down to my 2 choices for my new hot tub. I have wet tested the LA with 3-5 horsepower pumps and largest jet configuration of 59 jets. the model was the HEET and the Oasis. the HEET is to big for my porch and the Oasis is just as great. my issue is deep therapy. I had the party tub now i want the therapy. Yesterday i went back to the Dynasty dealer that has been in business for 18 years here. we talked for 2 hours and he knows i am between Dynasty and LA. he knows LA well since he used to rep them years ago. he has given me a good price for the Excaliber 4000 which has 40 jets and 2-7hp motors. i still do not have my price for the LA yet but believe it will be around 1500-2,000 more. So heres the big issue, he is changing the room around and does not have any tubs with water in them so no wet test. when i was there in the past the tubs were full of water and seemed to have lots of power, i liked them thats why i have gone back. Does anyone have experience with Dynasty. they have replumbed their pipes for more power to the jets. the diverters concentrate to specific areas giving more power. there are less jets then the LA which could infact give more power to the jets. the jet configurations are almost the same as LA and look to provide similar effects. and the 2006 model has the newer insulation package where the motor, etc are accessible for fixing. So the big issue is will I be disappointed with the therapy/power of this tub compard to the LA. this dealer knows how I feel and he also knows i will be pretty angry if it does not have the power i am hoping for. At this point i am not going to ask him for a wet test. he has a very good reputation and is in the process of opening a second store. any thoughts will help, Robin

down to my 2 choices for my new hot tub. I have wet tested the LA with 3-5 horsepower pumps and largest jet configuration of 59 jets. the model was the HEET and the Oasis. the HEET is to big for my porch and the Oasis is just as great. my issue is deep therapy. I had the party tub now i want the therapy. Yesterday i went back to the Dynasty dealer that has been in business for 18 years here. we talked for 2 hours and he knows i am between Dynasty and LA. he knows LA well since he used to rep them years ago. he has given me a good price for the Excaliber 4000 which has 40 jets and 2-7hp motors. i still do not have my price for the LA yet but believe it will be around 1500-2,000 more. So heres the big issue, he is changing the room around and does not have any tubs with water in them so no wet test. when i was there in the past the tubs were full of water and seemed to have lots of power, i liked them thats why i have gone back. Does anyone have experience with Dynasty. they have replumbed their pipes for more power to the jets. the diverters concentrate to specific areas giving more power. there are less jets then the LA which could infact give more power to the jets. the jet configurations are almost the same as LA and look to provide similar effects. and the 2006 model has the newer insulation package where the motor, etc are accessible for fixing. So the big issue is will I be disappointed with the therapy/power of this tub compard to the LA. this dealer knows how I feel and he also knows i will be pretty angry if it does not have the power i am hoping for. At this point i am not going to ask him for a wet test. he has a very good reputation and is in the process of opening a second store. any thoughts will help, Robin

Just my two cents but I of the two you are looking at the LA spa is a better built spa. Let me qualify this by saying We work on both but I have not recently worked on the Dynasty line so it sounds like they are making some changes.

LA is a larger manufacturer also so I believe your customer support will be better from them if you have any problems such as a dealer going out of business.

Since you want the spa for therapy I would not buy without a wet test. My opinion.

Robin,

If you are looking at pressure, you wont beet the Oasis with (3) 5 horsepower pumps. I have tried that exact same spa. There was nothing else that I could compare pressure to. It was strong but in a nice way, mostly due to the large jets. By the way, just becasue there are less just, does not mean more pressure when you are comparing 2 different tubs. There are so many variables. Size of plumbing, length of plumbing, jet aperature, pump continuous horsepower (not peak), and a slew of other variable too long to mention. Basically, if you liked the LA then go for it. Its a quality builder. If the dyansty dealer wont let you wet test anything then he doesnt want your business. I have seen many shops that will not fill every hot tub in the store for you but to say no to any wet test is rare, moving things or not. Let your wet test be your guid to the descision. In this case only one company is offering the wet test so it makes the dilema easy to me, but remember to wet test multiple brands whether you liked them dry or not. Everything is different with water but multiple wet tests will help you determine the things you like and dislike. Dont get caught up in the horsepower game that so many people play. LEt the wet test be the guid. PLenty of tubs dont advertise high horsepower but are every bit as powerfull. However, I must say that the LA (3) 5 horsepower combo was up to the task of creating pressure if you prefer it. I chose to buy the LA spa HEET model witht he 3 pumps but becasue I wanted the max jet configuration and it was the only pump configuration with that and the one I tested had it and I did not want to be dissapointed when it got home in my backyard. Keep us posted on what you buy.

Robin,

If you are looking at pressure, you wont beet the Oasis with (3) 5 horsepower pumps. I have tried that exact same spa. There was nothing else that I could compare pressure to. It was strong but in a nice way, mostly due to the large jets. By the way, just becasue there are less just, does not mean more pressure when you are comparing 2 different tubs. There are so many variables. Size of plumbing, length of plumbing, jet aperature, pump continuous horsepower (not peak), and a slew of other variable too long to mention. Basically, if you liked the LA then go for it. Its a quality builder. If the dyansty dealer wont let you wet test anything then he doesnt want your business. I have seen many shops that will not fill every hot tub in the store for you but to say no to any wet test is rare, moving things or not. Let your wet test be your guid to the descision. In this case only one company is offering the wet test so it makes the dilema easy to me, but remember to wet test multiple brands whether you liked them dry or not. Everything is different with water but multiple wet tests will help you determine the things you like and dislike. Dont get caught up in the horsepower game that so many people play. LEt the wet test be the guid. PLenty of tubs dont advertise high horsepower but are every bit as powerfull. However, I must say that the LA (3) 5 horsepower combo was up to the task of creating pressure if you prefer it. I chose to buy the LA spa HEET model witht he 3 pumps but becasue I wanted the max jet configuration and it was the only pump configuration with that and the one I tested had it and I did not want to be dissapointed when it got home in my backyard. Keep us posted on what you buy.

I dont think it is the amount of jets or power but instead where the jets are placed. I would consider trying out a Coleman but if you did and ruled that out I would wet test both spa's and make a decision accordingly. I would buy an LA spa over a dynasty but not by much. I happen to like the dynasty but that is because I only wet tested the LA out of both.

I dont think it is the amount of jets or power but instead where the jets are placed. I would consider trying out a Coleman but if you did and ruled that out I would wet test both spa's and make a decision accordingly. I would buy an LA spa over a dynasty but not by much. I happen to like the dynasty but that is because I only wet tested the LA out of both.

thanks for the advice. today i am visiting another Dynasty dealer and hope they have water in there tubs. I have wet tested a few different companies and i now can tell the difference, even when i just put my arm in it can be obvious that the power is not there. the LA has so much power compared to others. the Coleman has a very good product but it was more expensive than the LA and the size i want 84x84 max (ruled out the incredible HEET) did not have the jets amounts for therapy. I will let you know what happened today.

thanks for the advice. today i am visiting another Dynasty dealer and hope they have water in there tubs. I have wet tested a few different companies and i now can tell the difference, even when i just put my arm in it can be obvious that the power is not there. the LA has so much power compared to others. the Coleman has a very good product but it was more expensive than the LA and the size i want 84x84 max (ruled out the incredible HEET) did not have the jets amounts for therapy. I will let you know what happened today.

If power is what you want go for it but my wife and I use our spa about 4x/wk (she more than I) and the jets are on maybe 5 or 10% of the time we're in it (I guess we're more of a hot water couple). For me quality of build (I saw some spas this weekend where the panels were all warped and these were NEW spas), energy efficiency, fit of the spa (we like open seating, no lounge), etc. are much more important than the power of the jets (though I'm fine with mine in that category too). Whatever you do take your time, shop around, kick a few tires (or bang on the panels in this case) and good luck.

Yeah let me know what happens that would be great! :D

Yeah let me know what happens that would be great! :D

ok I finally did it! i bought my LA Oasis spa yesterday. I went to a Dynasty showroom that had a tub with water in it. then I went to the LA show room. I just knew that i was getting alittle more power with the LA but at a price of 700.00 more. It just does not matter at this point. I know i have made the right decision. My tub this time around is about heavy duty jet therapy. I have a bath tub for soaking. But i would suggest people to look into Dynasty. I feel it is just a small step down from LA. We are talking about tubs that are under 8,000.00. Here on long island new york prices are steep and many other tubs like marquis, coleman, sundance were much more expensive with the features i wanted. most of all you have to know what you want. a party tub with a tv, deep therapy or just a peaceful dip. can't wait to be in a tub again since i have been missing my old round 4 jet sonoma i gave away 2 years ago. robin

ok I finally did it! i bought my LA Oasis spa yesterday. I went to a Dynasty showroom that had a tub with water in it. then I went to the LA show room. I just knew that i was getting alittle more power with the LA but at a price of 700.00 more. It just does not matter at this point. I know i have made the right decision. My tub this time around is about heavy duty jet therapy. I have a bath tub for soaking. But i would suggest people to look into Dynasty. I feel it is just a small step down from LA. We are talking about tubs that are under 8,000.00. Here on long island new york prices are steep and many other tubs like marquis, coleman, sundance were much more expensive with the features i wanted. most of all you have to know what you want. a party tub with a tv, deep therapy or just a peaceful dip. can't wait to be in a tub again since i have been missing my old round 4 jet sonoma i gave away 2 years ago. robin

Congrats on the new tub. I tested an Oasis. Nice tub but too small for me becasue I am a pretty tall and big guy. I am happy that you loked at and considered some other brands. Did you have to order it? My HEET model should be here on Friday according to my dealer, The electrical is all done and the electrician just needs to come back and do the direct wire. How amny jets/pumps did you go with. Good idea that you went with the UWMS.

Congrats on the new tub. I tested an Oasis. Nice tub but too small for me becasue I am a pretty tall and big guy. I am happy that you loked at and considered some other brands. Did you have to order it? My HEET model should be here on Friday according to my dealer, The electrical is all done and the electrician just needs to come back and do the direct wire. How amny jets/pumps did you go with. Good idea that you went with the UWMS.

lucky you, this weekend. I got the highest configuration of the 3-5 hp pumps and 59 jets. the most you can get for the Oasis. I too loved the wet test on the HEET and my dealer actually had a floor model she could have sold me for almost the same price as the Oasis but unforutnately it is just to big for my porch. But that Heet is awesome, keep us posted on your first dips! robin

lucky you, this weekend. I got the highest configuration of the 3-5 hp pumps and 59 jets. the most you can get for the Oasis. I too loved the wet test on the HEET and my dealer actually had a floor model she could have sold me for almost the same price as the Oasis but unforutnately it is just to big for my porch. But that Heet is awesome, keep us posted on your first dips! robin

I will do. I am very excited

okay, I just used the tub for the first time an hour ago. Very Nice. When I have more time I will post a full report and pics. How can I put pics on that arent from a website? I just want to upload pics from my local directory. Until I know how to do that I cant post any pics. I dont have a website or anything to do that with.

okay, I just used the tub for the first time an hour ago. Very Nice. When I have more time I will post a full report and pics. How can I put pics on that arent from a website? I just want to upload pics from my local directory. Until I know how to do that I cant post any pics. I dont have a website or anything to do that with.

Did you get the chemicals figured out?

Did you get the chemicals figured out?

Yeah, I appreciate the help sharkman. I did exactly what you said. I called the dealer and they told me where to put the nature stick and how much renew to add. Ialso took my water over to a pool and spa chemical store, they test the water for free and tell you what you need to do. I bought soem alkalinity up and added the amout he told me to and some PH lock to make sure the ph satys correct. He told me to add a teaspoon of chlorine after every use and 1oz of the renew every week. With all that I was good to go. We have used the spa twice a day over the weekend. We will probably only use it in the evening after work during the week.

Thanks guys

You can sign up at Photobucket.com. It is free and a good place to load photo's on the web.