Possible To Create A Spa That Converts To A Small Pool

mikec23

Hi:

This is an idea that has been rolling around my head when I think of what I want more a hot tub/spa or a small swimming pool. I would want the spa in the winter and a pool in the summer. Have you ever seen a small pool that can be turned into a spa? Why have two bodies of water?

The problem I would see is volume/size. The pool I am envisioning would be about 10 feet by 18 feet by 4 feet deep, the spa would be about half that length about 10 by 10 by 4 feet deep.

So, can something be made to cut the volume in half, like a removable insert?

I have seen the swimmable spas, but they are made with the expensive/powerful waterpumps so you can swim in place, I don't want that. I want to float on cool water in the hot summer and soak in a hot water in the winter.

Thanks for you reading on my question.

Mike :blink:

Hi:

This is an idea that has been rolling around my head when I think of what I want more a hot tub/spa or a small swimming pool. I would want the spa in the winter and a pool in the summer. Have you ever seen a small pool that can be turned into a spa? Why have two bodies of water?

The problem I would see is volume/size. The pool I am envisioning would be about 10 feet by 18 feet by 4 feet deep, the spa would be about half that length about 10 by 10 by 4 feet deep.

So, can something be made to cut the volume in half, like a removable insert?

I have seen the swimmable spas, but they are made with the expensive/powerful waterpumps so you can swim in place, I don't want that. I want to float on cool water in the hot summer and soak in a hot water in the winter.

Thanks for you reading on my question.

Mike :blink:

We sell a small pool that people use for exercise like water walking, or they tether themselves to get swimming exercise. They can be made in any 4' increments. For instance 4'x8', 8'x12', etc. 4' deep. If you get a gas heater, you would be able to get the temperature up to spa temp. You would need a set of in-pool steps (maybe a couple) in order to have a place to sit. But with the proper (spa) jets, it should work both Summer and Winter.