My Own Personal Costco Tub Experience

duck_man

Wow duckman All the issues you had with the hydrospa I had the same ones. Their quality control guy must make sure all the same parts are screwed up. I don't blame Costco because the stool by their satisfation warranty. I don't hold anything against other tubs sold at costco either. Now as for hydrospa....I think you need to off load some of the dead weight in the company. Time for some restructuring. If anyone read this who works at the Hydrospa factory...First stand up and look at the palm of your hand....now smack your forehead with it.....repeat while saying I will build better tubs I will build better tubs.

Couple things came to mind while reading your story Duckman...

You seem like a sharp guy yet you went from an Arctic to a Costco tub? Anytime you need to call a manufacturer and they say they can "add insulation", it's kind of a big red flag isn't it? Did you not look in the spa prior to purchasing it as it seems many of the inefficiencies you have mentioned are easily seen if one knows what to look for (like yourself).

I guess what I'm saying is that you knew you were getting a sub par product even prior to the purchase and that's easily seen when you read between the lines of your story.

Your take on FF spas is flawed and it sounds like you have fallen victim to a sales pitch. I'm sure that since you've purchased an Arctic spa previously, that this is where the seed was planted. Too bad...

Leaks, as mentioned here by real techs, are more common in a TP design due to lack of support of the plumbing. Yes, it is more difficult to repair a FF spa but 99% of repairs are within the pump area and not within the cabinet itself. Making this purchase based on FF or TP is a HUGE mistake made by consumers that have either fallen into the sales BS or just not educated themselves properly for this purchase. Often, it's both.

I'm having a tough time feeling sorry for you as you knew most of this, though I wish Costco sold better spas and consumers like yourself didn't have to go through this sort of crap for a product that's designed to give relaxation to the end user.

Steve

Wouldn't it be the other way around. The foam prevents the pipes from moving and eventually from not being able to move, they crack! right? I think it can go both ways. The best way to insulate a tub in my opinion is partial foaming over the pipe like MaaX spas does and the thermal tape and styrofoam along the inside walls and floor. I hate when there is foam over the jet bodies. There you have the best of both worlds. lol

Wow duckman All the issues you had with the hydrospa I had the same ones. Their quality control guy must make sure all the same parts are screwed up. I don't blame Costco because the stool by their satisfation warranty. I don't hold anything against other tubs sold at costco either. Now as for hydrospa....I think you need to off load some of the dead weight in the company. Time for some restructuring. If anyone read this who works at the Hydrospa factory...First stand up and look at the palm of your hand....now smack your forehead with it.....repeat while saying I will build better tubs I will build better tubs.

Cotsco's margins are very thin and hydrospa had to also thin there margins and cut corners.

Wouldn't it be the other way around. The foam prevents the pipes from moving and eventually from not being able to move, they crack! right? I think it can go both ways. The best way to insulate a tub in my opinion is partial foaming over the pipe like MaaX spas does and the thermal tape and styrofoam along the inside walls and floor. There you have the best of both worlds. lol

No it wouldn't be the other way around. Are you really trying to resurrect your sales pitch again that foam holds the hoses tight and they therefore will crack over time because they can't flex as much as a spa that uses just a little foam on the hoses? That is to the point of being funny.

I know you believe in the thermopane system you sell and that's all fine but you really need to bury that "foam prevents the pipes from moving and they crack" sales theory.

First stand up and look at the palm of your hand....now smack your forehead with it.....repeat while saying I will build better tubs I will build better tubs.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: Actually they're shaking their finger at you, repeating, this is all you'll get for what you spent.

Wouldn't it be the other way around. The foam prevents the pipes from moving and eventually from not being able to move, they crack! right? I think it can go both ways. The best way to insulate a tub in my opinion is partial foaming over the pipe like MaaX spas does and the thermal tape and styrofoam along the inside walls and floor. There you have the best of both worlds. lol

No it wouldn't be the other way around. Are you really trying to resurrect your sales pitch again that foam holds the hoses tight and they therefore will crack over time because they can't flex as much as a spa that uses just a little foam on the hoses? That is to the point of being funny.

I know you believe in the thermopane system you sell and that's all fine but you really need to bury that "foam prevents the pipes from moving and they crack" sales theory.

You have to remember I have 16 years experience with Coleman when they had full foam until they switched to TP. I experience 80percent less go backs with the TP system and alot less of warrany repairs. That's a fact!

You have to remember I have 16 years experience with Coleman when they had full foam until they switched to TP. I experience 80percent less go backs with the TP system and alot less of warrany repairs. That's a fact!

Coleman may have cleaned up their act; I'm not questioning that.

I'm just saying your theory of the foam not allowing the lines to flex and causing them to break is inaccurate.

Help me out here, they are still Coleman in name only as they are (one) not even owned by "Coleman" and (two) the company that is now making them (Maxx) has been doing so I think for "about" 5 years, so the FF issue you had for all pratical sense does not apply in any, way shape or form as they are not the same spa that you dealt with years ago they just simply share the same name.

Many spa dealers do have a return policy. If they do not they should. I know of a dealer that sells about 800 spas a year and has a return policy of no questions asked. He told me in 15-years he has taken one spa back.

On the dealer end if they are selling a good quality spa they can have a return policy and most likely no one will ever use it.

If they are selling low grade spas (like Costo) and they had such a policy it would put them out of business.

My local Costo has taken back 6 of the 11 they have sold this year. Not a good track record.

On the dealer end if they are selling a good quality spa they can have a return policy and most likely no one will ever use it.

If they wet test first its a good thing. wet test,wet test,wet test.

John 104 degrees

Coleman may have cleaned up their act; I'm not questioning that.

I'm just saying your theory of the foam not allowing the lines to flex and causing them to break is inaccurate.

:lol: In 20+ years in sales, I have never heard that argument against FF spas! That's priceless! Ohh the lengths some will go to sell against a competing product! Who cares about being accurate right? Just sell baby! :lol:

That actually made me LOL! Thanks for that Brulan! :rolleyes::lol:

Steve

Many spa dealers do have a return policy. If they do not they should. I know of a dealer that sells about 800 spas a year and has a return policy of no questions asked. He told me in 15-years he has taken one spa back.

If they are selling low grade spas (like Costo) and they had such a policy it would put them out of business.

My local Costo has taken back 6 of the 11 they have sold this year. Not a good track record.

wow thats funny!!! Every Costco in my area has sold at least two hundred spas a year! The come twelve to a order so i think your facts are incorrect. Which spa are you refering to?