Floor Models

Thanks to all who answered my previous post. You were all very helpful!

Anyone have an opinion on buying a floor model? I have made the decision to buy a leftover 05 Sarena Bay for 10K including the exercise system, cover etc.. I have done a lot of research and I know how great a price it is. It is a floor model however and has been to the local home show and was a running display.

Full warrantee comes with it of course and it is a reputable dealer here locally. But I was wondering if I should be worried about purchasing a floor model.

Your thoughts are appreciated.

if you tested it and you like it, I wouldnt hesitate. I would have bought the floor model to save more money but the tub they had on display was in an ugly color, didnt have the ultra water management system and it had an extra therapy collar that I did not want. The sarena bay is a nice tub

I am jelous but 10k wass till out of my price range. I was trying to stay 8k or under.

Thanks to all who answered my previous post. You were all very helpful!

Anyone have an opinion on buying a floor model? I have made the decision to buy a leftover 05 Sarena Bay for 10K including the exercise system, cover etc.. I have done a lot of research and I know how great a price it is. It is a floor model however and has been to the local home show and was a running display.

Full warrantee comes with it of course and it is a reputable dealer here locally. But I was wondering if I should be worried about purchasing a floor model.

Your thoughts are appreciated.

Whether its on the floor or collecting dust in the warehouse that really shouldn't make a difference but on the other hand if it was water tested and the pumps ran it would be probable to get a better deal on the tub. I wouldn't worry for the price you are paying especially considering the warranty not changing. :D

Whether its on the floor or collecting dust in the warehouse that really shouldn't make a difference but on the other hand if it was water tested and the pumps ran it would be probable to get a better deal on the tub. I wouldn't worry for the price you are paying especially considering the warranty not changing. :D

I think it's often a good idea to get the wet model. If the wet floor model was the same $$ as the dry I'd hesitate but you SHOULD get a discount beyond what you get with the dry floor model AND you know the spa has been through it's "burn in" period where little nagging things can occur upon start up from the factory. The only question is whether you get the full warranty and if you do go for it. If you do loose some of that time then ask them to discount it even further but you should get teh full warranty.

• 4 weeks later...

I think it's often a good idea to get the wet model. If the wet floor model was the same $$ as the dry I'd hesitate but you SHOULD get a discount beyond what you get with the dry floor model AND you know the spa has been through it's "burn in" period where little nagging things can occur upon start up from the factory. The only question is whether you get the full warranty and if you do go for it. If you do loose some of that time then ask them to discount it even further but you should get teh full warranty.

Getting a warranty in full on a floor model, or traded in used spa is a good negotiating tool.

Getting a warranty in full on a floor model, or traded in used spa is a good negotiating tool.

Whether it is sitting in the warehouse collecting dust or sitting in the showroom doesn't make a difference in the value of the hot tub given no blemishes.

• 2 weeks later...

Floor models with a full manufacturers warranty can be a great deal. It should have been professionally maintained if it was a wet model. Check out the display models with water in them... look at the filter inside the spa and see how the reps are taking care of them. If the showroom isn't caring for the current wet models, then they more than likely didn't care for the one on the list.

Floor models with a full manufacturers warranty can be a great deal. It should have been professionally maintained if it was a wet model. Check out the display models with water in them... look at the filter inside the spa and see how the reps are taking care of them. If the showroom isn't caring for the current wet models, then they more than likely didn't care for the one on the list.

We give new cartriges for the demo buyers. But we do give the old one a soak in the Acid and use it for the next Demo and just sell the new one that is in there when someone comes in the store.