Newbie Wanting Info Or Comparrison Between Spas

We are new to the whole hot tub thing and have been looking everywhere from Hot Springs, Marquis, La Spa's, Costco to spa/hot tubs online. Being new and never owning a hot tub we aren't exactly sure what we should be looking for in quality. Have read many forums and have seen lots of good and not so good comments. We kinda like the look of one of the Easy Life Hot tubs, but aren't set on anything yet. I know that a wet test would be best, but any online spa's that isn't possible. Like most people money is one of the issues in buying a spa, but I am willing to find something that costs more if it is more energy efficient in the long run? Any thoughts would be valued. Thanks.

We are new to the whole hot tub thing and have been looking everywhere from Hot Springs, Marquis, La Spa's, Costco to spa/hot tubs online. Being new and never owning a hot tub we aren't exactly sure what we should be looking for in quality. Have read many forums and have seen lots of good and not so good comments. We kinda like the look of one of the Easy Life Hot tubs, but aren't set on anything yet. I know that a wet test would be best, but any online spa's that isn't possible. Like most people money is one of the issues in buying a spa, but I am willing to find something that costs more if it is more energy efficient in the long run? Any thoughts would be valued. Thanks.

If you live in a cold climate, I would recomend you re evaluate your budget and purchase a better quality tub. The heating costs for a low end tub (and even some "middle tier" tubs) in the winter can be in the hundreds (vs 50$ for a high quality, properly insulated tub).

If you live in a cold climate, I would recomend you re evaluate your budget and purchase a better quality tub. The heating costs for a low end tub (and even some "middle tier" tubs) in the winter can be in the hundreds (vs 50$ for a high quality, properly insulated tub).

This is very true.

John 104 degrees

If you see an online company for tubs advertise the use "Polar Wrap or Arctic Board" insulation methods dont take another look and move on it either has thin bubble foil or thin styro walls That will in no way be efficient for your tub in the Winter. IMO that money you think you might save buying online will cost you down the road VIA energy bills service calls and equipment replacement when the tiny warranty runs out.

Hi, I just purchased a Caldera Elation spa today. I was looking at the HS and Marquis before I made my final decision. The Marquis were a little higher than I wanted to spend and out of the way, closest dealer was 1 1/2 hour drive. HS and Caldera right down the street from each other, I wasnt sure until I started comparing them and found out they are both mfg by Watkins Mfg part of Masco Corp. Both made at the same plant, by the same people with the same materials, same insulations. The HS do have some features that are specific to the brand, like the full filtration and the Tri-x filters, the caldera uses a by pass filter meaning not all of the water is filtered 100% of the time, but that's why they make chemicals. It was a toss up and only decided when I got the same size with the features I wanted for 5000.00 less than I was quoted at the HS dealer who would not budge on his pricing at all. From everything I researched, the HS and the Caldera's running 24-7 would average out to about 12-15 dollars on your electric bill per month, that was made by an idependent 3rd party researcher and can be viewed at www.hotspring.com Good luck in your search, mine was fun but very confusing.......I should have mine up and going by this time next week, very excited!

Hi, I just purchased a Caldera Elation spa today. I was looking at the HS and Marquis before I made my final decision. The Marquis were a little higher than I wanted to spend and out of the way, closest dealer was 1 1/2 hour drive. HS and Caldera right down the street from each other, I wasnt sure until I started comparing them and found out they are both mfg by Watkins Mfg part of Masco Corp. Both made at the same plant, by the same people with the same materials, same insulations. The HS do have some features that are specific to the brand, like the full filtration and the Tri-x filters, the caldera uses a by pass filter meaning not all of the water is filtered 100% of the time, but that's why they make chemicals. It was a toss up and only decided when I got the same size with the features I wanted for 5000.00 less than I was quoted at the HS dealer who would not budge on his pricing at all. From everything I researched, the HS and the Caldera's running 24-7 would average out to about 12-15 dollars on your electric bill per month, that was made by an idependent 3rd party researcher and can be viewed at www.hotspring.com Good luck in your search, mine was fun but very confusing.......I should have mine up and going by this time next week, very excited!

Pics,pics,pics!!!!! Happy Hot tubbing :D:D:D

John 104 degrees