Wet Testing Is A Waste Of Time!

turbottt1

First of all man am I going to get smoked on this one. Ok to help the newbies with what a wet test is all about and what knowledge you should take from a wet test. Everyone tell all of us why you would wet test any tub and why it would be a waste of time. Just for the record I believe wet testing is one of the most important parts of purchasing a new tub, but from reading other threads on this subject I believe we do it for quite a few wrong reasons. Ok go ahead a bash the new guy. steve

First of all man am I going to get smoked on this one. Ok to help the newbies with what a wet test is all about and what knowledge you should take from a wet test. Everyone tell all of us why you would wet test any tub and why it would be a waste of time. Just for the record I believe wet testing is one of the most important parts of purchasing a new tub, but from reading other threads on this subject I believe we do it for quite a few wrong reasons. Ok go ahead a bash the new guy. steve

Ok Steve here goes! Just kidding. I would have to say that one of the most important reasons to wet test is not only for the comfort of the seating but also to actually try the therapy jets. We see products that advertise huge numbers of jets and when the customers get the spas home they find a lot of the jets have little or no flow out of them. Another question with customers is the recliner. I wouldnt own a spa without one but everyone has different wants and needs and we all know that some people have a tough time staying in a recliner. Recliners will vary from manufacturer to manufacturer. I have sat in some brands that I couldnt stay in the seat. Another good reason to try before you buy. My opinion.

I was glad I wet tested the two spas I was considering because I didnt fit under the shoulder jets of one of the models. If I didnt wet test it, I would have bought it. I would have had the tub crane lifted to the 2nd story deck to find out I didnt fit into the best corners of the spa (Master), would have been a bummer.

The model I did choose (Sundance Optima) also had a better foot massage placement than the Master for everyone in the tub. I wouldnt have thought that before.

Ok all good points. Let me add a little something to the mix that most don't discuss. You say feel the jets in the terapy seat and floating out of the lounger. In our tub I can make you itch and drive you out of our therapy seat or in the same seat I can put you asleep in just a matter of moments. How can this be????? [ Controlling of the water]. Is it not as important to learn how the tub you are considering directes the water to each seat and do all the seats or loungers have ind. controls and or pumps???? The ability to control the flow can mean everything as to the feel of the seats the jets and if you float around!!! Clothing choices also determine rather you float or not. [ wet test with what you'll wear in your own back yard. [ ok maybe not you have to wear something in the showroom lol!!!] What else should we know?????? steve

Ok all good points. Let me add a little something to the mix that most don't discuss. You say feel the jets in the terapy seat and floating out of the lounger. In our tub I can make you itch and drive you out of our therapy seat or in the same seat I can put you asleep in just a matter of moments. How can this be????? [ Controlling of the water]. Is it not as important to learn how the tub you are considering directes the water to each seat and do all the seats or loungers have ind. controls and or pumps???? The ability to control the flow can mean everything as to the feel of the seats the jets and if you float around!!! Clothing choices also determine rather you float or not. [ wet test with what you'll wear in your own back yard. [ ok maybe not you have to wear something in the showroom lol!!!] What else should we know?????? steve

The flow of the jets is important but the positioning of the recliner is important too. If you sit in a recliner that lays you back farther you will have more of a tendency to float out especially women as their chest cavity is bigger. Also I'm taller and when I sit in a spa that the recliner is shorter I feel cramped. Another thing is you can sit in a spa dry and then sit in it wet and its going to feel totally different as about 70% of your body weight will float.

Ok good point. Heres something else to consider. How well do you tuck in. [ why do dealers not have tubs setup for wet testing outside} Living in the north it can be quite cold here. [ Not today it reach 65 degrees] It's not so much the cold temperture , but the driving wind. Is this not important at least to some. Who else????

Ok good point. Heres something else to consider. How well do you tuck in. [ why do dealers not have tubs setup for wet testing outside} Living in the north it can be quite cold here. [ Not today it reach 65 degrees] It's not so much the cold temperture , but the driving wind. Is this not important at least to some. Who else????

Our Hot Spring dealer has several models outside for wet testing. Matter of fact I was allowed to wet test a couple models on a sunday when they were closed and no one was there, including the sales staff. But I have had tubs in my back yard I have not wet tested first, and they worked fine for me. For some wet testing is very important but for others a hot soak is all thats required and it can be accomplished on a wooden bench in a round barrel.