Cal Spa 2006 Warranty

On www.calspas.com warranty Exclusions include jets, pump seals and ozonator cartridge. Under Extent of Warranty it reads "This gaurantee becomes valid at the time of purchase" This means the warranty does not start on the delivery date, it starts once paper work is completed and your given a serial number. Don't buy a Cal Spa unless your ready for instant delivery. I wonder how much it would cost to replace 60 jets on a Cal Spa that aren't covered under the Cal Spa manufacturers warranty. When something simple like a pump seal not covered under warranty goes bad the the Cal Spas dealer can charge you mileage, trip charge and labor so, a 2 dollar pump seal could cost you well over 100.00

It's not a Cal Spas exclusive.

Other manufacturers have the same exclusions - seals, bearings, jets, trip charges, etc.

The reason why bearings, seals, and jets are usually excluded is because most of the time (97%+), they fail due to improper water chemicalization including water balance and calcium hardness levels. It's like driving your Mercedez Benz without engine oil, burning it up and returning it to the dealer and expecting them to replace everything "under warranty"

Some dealers have enough confidence in their spa line that they offer extended warranties. Even extended warranties that cover the bearings and seals. Check around and ask your Dealer what they will or will not repair. You'll be surprised - some adhere strictly to the specific manufacturer's rules, others will cover you.

tomthespaguy

Other manufacturers have the same exclusions - seals, bearings, jets, trip charges, etc.

The reason why bearings, seals, and jets are usually excluded is because most of the time (97%+), they fail due to improper water chemicalization including water balance and calcium hardness levels. It's like driving your Mercedez Benz without engine oil, burning it up and returning it to the dealer and expecting them to replace everything "under warranty"

Some dealers have enough confidence in their spa line that they offer extended warranties. Even extended warranties that cover the bearings and seals. Check around and ask your Dealer what they will or will not repair. You'll be surprised - some adhere strictly to the specific manufacturer's rules, others will cover you.

tomthespaguy

Its better when the manufacturers have confidence in their spa line RATHER THAN A DEALER! Hey Tommy boy who else has no jet warranty? Warranty is only as good as the manufacturers warranty. Any warranty promise from a Cal Spa dealer other than whats written on the manufacturers warranty MEANS NOTHING and has no legal binding agreement. Extended warranties and a promise to cover parts that aren't covered under a Cal spa warranty again MEAN NOTHING and the dealer for what ever reason can change his mind. What if the Cal Spas dealer goes bankrupt or they no longer carry Cal Spas then how good would your extended warranty hold up TOMTHESPAGUY? Thats why u have a manufacturers warranty, its for your own protection. You have your house, your car and your spa which is the 3rd largest investment and it so important that you protect it with more than a handshake from a spa dealer. Spa dealers come and go so, be smart and think !!!MANUFACTURERS WARRANTY!!!

tomthespaguy

And while some manufacturers may cover these items, one has to remember that they afford to do so by adding to the overall cost of the spa. Remember, a warranty is NOT free, but something you pay for that's included in the price of the spa

Its better when the manufacturers have confidence in their spa line RATHER THAN A DEALER! Hey Tommy boy who else has no jet warranty? Warranty is only as good as the manufacturers warranty. Any warranty promise from a Cal Spa dealer other than whats written on the manufacturers warranty MEANS NOTHING and has no legal binding agreement. Extended warranties and a promise to cover parts that aren't covered under a Cal spa warranty again MEAN NOTHING and the dealer for what ever reason can change his mind. What if the Cal Spas dealer goes bankrupt or they no longer carry Cal Spas then how good would your extended warranty hold up TOMTHESPAGUY? Thats why u have a manufacturers warranty, its for your own protection. You have your house, your car and your spa which is the 3rd largest investment and it so important that you protect it with more than a handshake from a spa dealer. Spa dealers come and go so, be smart and think !!!MANUFACTURERS WARRANTY!!!

Wow! Pretty intense.

I merely stated that most manufacturers don't cover the jets, seals, and bearing - and that it just wasn't Cal Spas.

Some manufacturers don't even list their warranty on their website.

You're right - dealers can come and go. So can manufacturers - anybody get warranty service on a Yugo lately?

You've obviously got an axe to grind somewhere on someone - too bad you can't take a non-confrontational post like the one I made (simply stating that Cal Spas isn't the only manufacturer with exclusions and that there are dealers out there that will back you up as well - in writing - and that some will even go above and beyond the manufacturer warranty - I'm not just talking about Cal Spas dealers, but others as well).

Sure, the warranty maybe only as good as the manufacturer says it is, but ultimately, it's the dealer who supports in and backs it up and says "you're my customer, I'll get it fixed for you".

Sorry if you couldn't see that. Oh, and the name's Tom. Not Tommy Boy. You must have me mistaken for another one of your friends.

tom the spa guy

PS. Who else has no jet warranty? Hot Springs (they only cover their MotoMassage Jet), Catalina, Dimension 1, Coleman, and too many others to mention. Large and small manufacturer's. You know how they usually get out of that warranty, even if they do cover it? By blaming the failure on improper water chemicalization. Oh, and if I've inadvertently listed a manufacturer that does cover the jets, please let me know so I can revise my post.

tom the spa guy