New Fiberglass Pool

franguer

HAD NEW FIBERGLASS,POOL INSTALLED. ONCE POOL WAS FILLED WITH WATER A DAY LATER CRACK APPEARED AT BOTTOM OF POOL ,NEXT DAY ANOTHER CRACK APPEARED WITH LARGE BULGE,SURROUNDING CRACKS. POOL INSTALLER/SELLER SAY NO PROBLEM THIS CAN BE REPAIRED WITHIN 60 MINUTES. I'VE TO FIBERGLASS POOL TECH COME IN AND SEE IT BOTH CONCUR SOMETHING IS UNDERNEATH THE POOL. BOTH SAY IT NEEDS TO BE CUT AND REMOVE WHATEVER IS UNDERNEATH AND PATCH UP POOL. i HAVE HAD THIS POL ONLY 3 DAYS AND ALL THIS TOOK PLACE. I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT POOLS/IS THIS ACCEPTABLE TO ACCEPT A NEW PATCHED-UP POOL,I WOULD PREFER A NEW REPLACED POOL. I WAS TOLD BY SELLER ABSOLUTELY NO. HELP! ANY ADVICE APPRECIATED.

HAD NEW FIBERGLASS,POOL INSTALLED. ONCE POOL WAS FILLED WITH WATER A DAY LATER CRACK APPEARED AT BOTTOM OF POOL ,NEXT DAY ANOTHER CRACK APPEARED WITH LARGE BULGE,SURROUNDING CRACKS. POOL INSTALLER/SELLER SAY NO PROBLEM THIS CAN BE REPAIRED WITHIN 60 MINUTES. I'VE TO FIBERGLASS POOL TECH COME IN AND SEE IT BOTH CONCUR SOMETHING IS UNDERNEATH THE POOL. BOTH SAY IT NEEDS TO BE CUT AND REMOVE WHATEVER IS UNDERNEATH AND PATCH UP POOL. i HAVE HAD THIS POL ONLY 3 DAYS AND ALL THIS TOOK PLACE. I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT POOLS/IS THIS ACCEPTABLE TO ACCEPT A NEW PATCHED-UP POOL,I WOULD PREFER A NEW REPLACED POOL. I WAS TOLD BY SELLER ABSOLUTELY NO. HELP! ANY ADVICE APPRECIATED.

Sounds like a faulty installation. Get a lawyer, you will need one. I would demand a new pool! Also contact the company that manufactured the fiberglass pool and let them know of the problems you are having with your installer.

I would demand a new pool too! Also, I would post (on this forum and the TFP forum) where you live and who your contractor is so that others are aware and can beware of your contractor. Some of these guys just get away with this stuff way too often.

Demand a brand new pool and nothing less. Call the manufacturer direct and complain about the product and the installer.