Which Tub To Buy?

Have you tried the Tiger River spa it also is built by Watkins and is more like the Caldera. Jenny make sure you get the warranty in writting. JJ

Hi Shawn,

I think the only place to buy Caldera in the Boise area is Treasure Valley Hot Tubs, which is located in Eagle (939-3002). I haven't made a decision yet between Jacuzzi and Caldera, but I've wet tested the Caldera. We were looking at the Aquatic Melodies Series (specifically the Elation). It has the lounge and the stereo. We're a family of five so we need space. The price quoted was $9100. The person who owns the store is very professional, very helpful and not pushy at all. We really like him, but ultimately we need to choose the tub that fits us best. So, we are wet testing the Jacuzzi tomorrow morning. After that, I hope to make a decision. This has been kind of stressful so I'll really need that tub hooked up and filled soon so I can start relaxing.

Jenny,

Yeah I've gone in and spoke with Scott over there at Treasure Valley. Seems like a pretty good guy, no pressure at all. I'm going to go in and wet test two tubs this week (Hot Springs and Caldera). I'm semi torn between a Geneva and a C45. Not sure the price difference between them makes sense to me yet. Something about the Jacuzzi's just don't do it for me, seem like a good tub but I just don't feel a spark looking at em.

Good luck and I'd be interested in hearing which one you decide on and if you have an electrician do your wiring I'd be interested in the quote.

Shawn.

Shawn,

Have you made a decision yet? We thought we wanted the Jacuzzi, but the spa is somewhere on a truck and nobody seems to know when it's going to get to Idaho. Meanwhile my electrician has had to be put off twice. He's not happy and I'm not happy. We might go with the Caldera anyway. I've read a lot of good things about Caldera.

Shawn,

If you have not bought yet try the Tiger River Caspian and the pre fair sale is on. Jmon

I've yet to decide, it's such a "big" move It's hard to make the leap.

I test drove some Hotsprings tubs last week. I gotta admit I expected them to be more comfortable than they were. I had a very hard time getting comfortable in any of the ones I tested (Vangaurd, Envoy and Grandee). The Envoy was damn near dangerous to get into. I could get into it fine, but if my mother ever tried getting in there I'd be pretty nervous.

Caldera is still the tub to beat in my opinion (could've been the free beer Scott gave me, but I think it was more than that), comfortwise it fit the best out of what I've wet tested so far hands down. I've been taking the same 2 people with me on all these for objective feedback and considering their opposite body builds I find it good they liked the Caldera as well. I definitely see the reason for the people screaming WET TEST.

Shawn.

Wow, this thread dredged back up from the bottom.

I did a lot of thinking, but I bought the spa I felt the most comfortable sitting in, which was a Caldera Geneva. The Tiger River Caspian was a little smaller than I wanted and the Caldera's seem to "feel" bigger when I'm sitting in them. If one of the Hot Springs tubs was the most comfortable to me, I'd have bought one of them.

Shawn