Finally, Clear, Clean Wter!

It has taken us 4-6 weeks, but we finally achieved clear, clean water in our pool. Started out with iron and a brown yucky pool upon opening this season. After using a Metal Out product, 22 gallons of bleach, 10# of baking soda and 3 boxes of borax, a Super Floc, Sand Filter cleaner and more bleach, we finally got smart and used Natural Chemistry products, Pool First Aid and Clear & Perfect. Up untill using those two products 5 days ago our pool was still so cloudy you couldn't see the pool ladder at the bottom. It has taken 5 days to turn our pool perfectly clear and soft using the two products mentioned above.

They also have a product called Pool Perfect Phos Free that will will be using when we close the pool this fall because I have read how it makes opening your pool next season so much easier and believe me I am a believer in their products after this last go round. Thank goodness for crystal clear water. Oh and by the way the Pool First Aid also made our sand filter perform better, SCORE!!! :P

I started out with brown Iron water also, but was able to get it under control by taking advise on this forum. I filled, shocked, and the water turned brown and the liner was left stained. Since then I have also cleared up Moms pool water, same problem. I was unable to get the asorbic acid, vitamin C for my pool, but I had it for hers, and it worked very well.

http://www.poolspaforum.com/forum/index.ph...rt=0#entry28401

http://www.poolspaforum.com/forum/index.ph...amp;#entry29030

Both of these threads helped me a great deal.

First you get a decent test kit so that you can measure all of the levels that you need to measure properly, not test strips.

It doesn't take special brand name products that are difficult for some to find and expensive, all it takes is just reading about what to do and doing it. There is a lot of good advise on this forum.