More Newbie Questions

I did do a search, but there is SO MUCH info here it is hard to sort through!

We just got a Freeflow Passport Spa and are so far extremely happy with it. It is 110v/220v convertible and we elected to start it on 110 with the intention of installing 220v fairly soon. It does drop a degree or two when we are using it, but it is quite warm weather, so it isn't a big deal. I know we will see improved heating and ability to use jets and heater at the same time, but will we also see a drop in the cost to run it when the 220 is installed? Or not?

We got a cute floating thermometer for fun and of course the spa has a built in temperature indicator. They disagree by almost 10 degrees! We are sure the silly floating penguin is low, but is it also possible the built-in indicator is high? Is a normal human fever thermometer suitable to cross-check? I've seen all the threads about overriding the preset max, so I'm definitely NOT going there.

The spa is ozone-ready. Is this worthwhile?

The installer said NOT to use the "spa gloss" that came with startup chemical kit (Leisure TIme bromine tablets) on the spa's thermoplastic shell. He said that was for fiberglass only. What, if anything, should be used on the textured thermoplastic in hte Freeflow?

Thanks in advance!

I did do a search, but there is SO MUCH info here it is hard to sort through!

We just got a Freeflow Passport Spa and are so far extremely happy with it. It is 110v/220v convertible and we elected to start it on 110 with the intention of installing 220v fairly soon. It does drop a degree or two when we are using it, but it is quite warm weather, so it isn't a big deal. I know we will see improved heating and ability to use jets and heater at the same time, but will we also see a drop in the cost to run it when the 220 is installed? Or not?

We got a cute floating thermometer for fun and of course the spa has a built in temperature indicator. They disagree by almost 10 degrees! We are sure the silly floating penguin is low, but is it also possible the built-in indicator is high? Is a normal human fever thermometer suitable to cross-check? I've seen all the threads about overriding the preset max, so I'm definitely NOT going there.

The spa is ozone-ready. Is this worthwhile?

The installer said NOT to use the "spa gloss" that came with startup chemical kit (Leisure TIme bromine tablets) on the spa's thermoplastic shell. He said that was for fiberglass only. What, if anything, should be used on the textured thermoplastic in hte Freeflow?

Thanks in advance!

Not dumb questions at all,

As far as 220 volt versus 110, yes you will see a reduction is cost but do not base your decision to istall 220V on that as the difference will be minumal. Base your decision on a smoother more powerfull operating tub and heating.

Ozone may be worth it if you want to make it easier for yourself. I find it's more for maintaining clean water between uses rather than sanitation. Rely on your sanitizer (bromine) to sanitize and the Ozone to help.

The spa gloss.....beats me, I use soft scrub.