Sand N Sun Easy Set Pool

We are considering purchasing a Sand N Sun 16' pool mainly for our kids. I was wondering if anyone has owned one for over a year and if you would recommend it. Its one that the sides rise as you fill it so I was wondering, can you lean on the side of the pool or will water spill out if you do??? Are they durable? Are they worth $200 of my hard earned money??? I really can't afford anymore than that. Thanks for your opinion!

We owned 2 different blow ring pools, a 16x 42inches and a 18x4, used each for 2 years, the last one, the 18x4 is being used by a relative this year. I found them very durable, a great way to keep kids entertained while they get exercise and fresh air, and I would recommend it, we did not experience a lot of trouble with water spilling over the sides, and have pretty rowdy boys, and we never got a site totally level for them either. And to be prepared to replace air in the ring fairly often, as the air seems to disappear from them even when you cannot find a leak.

Now the 200. dollars for the actual pool, that is just the start of it, you are looking at about 4500 or so gallons of water to fill, even more water to replace spash out and evaporation water and to clean filter cartridges, you will need replacement cartridges, chemicals, testing supplies etc. There is the BBB method where you can use clorox bleach, 20 mule borax, and baking soda to replace some of the more expensive chemicals, but some things you will still need actual pool supplies for.

Also I always spent a good deal of time netting out bugs, and leaves and grass and such.

Before you start filling, I would strongly urge you to take a sample of the water from the hose and faucet that you are going to use to a pool store or two for analysis to make sure there are not metals like iron or copper in the water. These things can be dealt with much more cheaply if you know they are there to begin with. And pick up a small blow ring pool to set under the ladder, it really helps to keep grass, dirt ect out of the big pool:)

• 2 weeks later...

We had one we used for approximately 3 years before we switched to a regular above ground pool. It is a good learning experience for anyone wishing to get a regular pool. I am glad I had that experience prior to our new above ground pool (it is used but new to us)!!

Make sure you keep your filter clean and add the necessary chemicals ready and your kids will love you for it -- I know my grandkids thought I was a great granny letting them swim so much!!

Before you start filling, I would strongly urge you to take a sample of the water from the hose and faucet that you are going to use to a pool store or two for analysis to make sure there are not metals like iron or copper in the water. These things can be dealt with much more cheaply if you know they are there to begin with. And pick up a small blow ring pool to set under the ladder, it really helps to keep grass, dirt ect out of the big pool:)

• 10 months later...

I have the Sand n Sun 16. Awesome pool. My only advice...put a layer of sand down to put the pool on top of. gives ya a nice smooth/soft padding underneath, padding between the pool and the ground/rocks. Works great! Hate nothing more than putting the pool up only to feel a rock coming thru the bottom after a week or so. For my 16...it took two tons of sand. About 40 bucks from the place I got it.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the Sand n Sun 16. Awesome pool. My only advice...put a layer of sand down to put the pool on top of. gives ya a nice smooth/soft padding underneath, padding between the pool and the ground/rocks. Works great! Hate nothing more than putting the pool up only to feel a rock coming thru the bottom after a week or so. For my 16...it took two tons of sand. About 40 bucks from the place I got it.

I may not know better, but I heard that you were not supposed to use sand. (Maybe a little to flatten out a few small areas where a minor hole is, but not to put the pool on). I heard that the sand acts like tiny little marbles and can allow the pool to more easily shift and "roll" down the slightest of all slopes. I guess it would depend on how much you used, but 2 tons is an entire base.