Quality Of Other Spas

All spas are not hooked up the same way. His Hotspring Vangaurd comes with a sub panel that has two seperate breakers on it and it would be very easy for it to get wired wrong especially if the electrician doesnt get the wiring info. You are assuming that all spas use a 4 wire 50 amp service and not all spas do.

Yes, we have the sub panel given to us by the dealer and they also gave us a list of about 8 local electricians that they have had recommended to them by others who have purchased spa's. I'd rather go with an electrician who has done this work before then someone who has not. I'm sure its not rocket science, but the warm-fuzzy helps. I'm sure it will all work out.

Guest berkshires

If you really want a 'starter spa' that won't break your wallet then buy the $3,999 Costco spa, use it for a year then return it for a refund if you don't like it (just tell them its not what you want). If you can afford the extra then shop and buy one of the higher end spa's. We went with the Hot Springs Vanguard instead of the budget spa and though I'm sure I would have been happy with the Costco one, the HS is nice. We still have 2 more weeks before it is delivered and wired up, then we plan to get a gazeebo (still not sure what type to get)....

Like many others have said, you get what you pay for. A $4k spa is not a $10k spa no matter what a sales man/woman says... One thing I really liked about the HS sales woman (besides the fact she knew her $hit) was the fact that she wasn't in jeans, t-shirt and covered in tatoo's like the folks at the 2 previous spa places were.

Buying an inexpensive spa from Costco, with the intension of returning it after a year is dishonest , make no mistake about that. If you want a store like Costco to continue to give you good service, you cannot go in to

the transaction knowing you are going to rip them off.

(i have no connection with Costco, but I do appreciate their return policy)

Buying an inexpensive spa from Costco, with the intension of returning it after a year is dishonest , make no mistake about that. If you want a store like Costco to continue to give you good service, you cannot go in to

the transaction knowing you are going to rip them off.

(i have no connection with Costco, but I do appreciate their return policy)

The reason I know the Costco policy so well is that a good friend of ours works in Costco Corporate (don't know his exact title but he travels around and helps open new stores). He tells me the worse offenders of this return policy are the Cosco mgmt themselves. The return policy does not hurt Costco, its the companies that sell through costco that accept this policy and have to deal with the returns. Costco returns the items to the companies for reimbursement. Its part of the agreement made for being able to sell through their stores.

The reason I know the Costco policy so well is that a good friend of ours works in Costco Corporate (don't know his exact title but he travels around and helps open new stores). He tells me the worse offenders of this return policy are the Cosco mgmt themselves. The return policy does not hurt Costco, its the companies that sell through costco that accept this policy and have to deal with the returns. Costco returns the items to the companies for reimbursement. Its part of the agreement made for being able to sell through their stores.

Thats exactly right and thats the thing that I was talking about in one of the other forums. NO company can survive through the return policy Costco has implemented. You get these small manufacturers that get into this aggreement to increase their numbers but none of them stick with it because they find they cant handle taking spas back for no good reason other than the customer wants their money back.

I have been involved with the warranty service of Costco for quite a while and we just discontinued warranty service for the current supplier of their spas.

Thats exactly right and thats the thing that I was talking about in one of the other forums. NO company can survive through the return policy Costco has implemented. You get these small manufacturers that get into this aggreement to increase their numbers but none of them stick with it because they find they cant handle taking spas back for no good reason other than the customer wants their money back.

I have been involved with the warranty service of Costco for quite a while and we just discontinued warranty service for the current supplier of their spas.

discontinued what warranty service for which supplier?

• 3 weeks later...

I would recommend that you ask how long the labor aspect of the warranty is on any hot tub you are considering. Labor is the most expensive cost of maintaining your tub in good working condition. If you want protection against expensive labor costs on a less expensive tub that has no service, I could help you get an extended warranty and have our certified techs do any repair work at no additional cost to you. Jim at 702-505-4143 x103

Stay sway from spas made by Keys Backyard, it took me five months to get my spa fixed, Home Depot was great in giving me help, but the stress we went through was pure ----. my spa was not a cheap spa we gave almost 5 grand for it. first we had no warranty, tub only 16 months old, then ask hubby to fix it, took three months just to get the parts and then they did not send correct parts, took another two months to get them to fix the problem that the first guy they sent out wired the pump wrong. :(:angry::angry::angry::angry:

Stay sway from spas made by Keys Backyard, it took me five months to get my spa fixed, Home Depot was great in giving me help, but the stress we went through was pure ----. my spa was not a cheap spa we gave almost 5 grand for it. first we had no warranty, tub only 16 months old, then ask hubby to fix it, took three months just to get the parts and then they did not send correct parts, took another two months to get them to fix the problem that the first guy they sent out wired the pump wrong. :(:angry::angry::angry::angry:

Did they get you taken care of?

Did they get you taken care of?

Yes, after about one hundred phones call from me and Home Depot but it took almost five months to get it fixed and my husband had to install the last three items, they were easy to put on but if they had responed on Nov 1, 2005 the tub could have been fixed in a week, but no they denied we had a warranty and wanted us to fix and pay for parts. :wub:

Yes, after about one hundred phones call from me and Home Depot but it took almost five months to get it fixed and my husband had to install the last three items, they were easy to put on but if they had responed on Nov 1, 2005 the tub could have been fixed in a week, but no they denied we had a warranty and wanted us to fix and pay for parts. :wub:

Thats the problem that we were running into with that company when we were doing repair work for them. They would drag their feet getting customers info to us when they had a spa breakdown and when the customer would call them weeks later to see why nobody had contacted them they would try to blame the delay on us. Then when we had the parts ordered they would lose orders and we would be waitng for a month for parts.

These are all problems are common when dealing with mass merchants.

Im glad you at least got your spa running.