Pre Filter

bendite

I am filling my spa for the first time. I live in a rural area and have a well. My well has a lot of sediment. My dealer gave me a fill filter that had open cleats and attached to the end of a garden hose. This product failed miserably. It allowed a lot of sediment thru. I then got a Clear choice filter which is a sealed Pre filter that also fits on the end of a garden hose. There were no instructions so I didn't clear the filter (run water thru on ground before putting in the spa) so I got a bunch of white milky product (be nice) in the Spa. I drained the spa and started re filling with very clear water. Only problem is a much slower fill time. My 250 gallon spa is not even 1/4 full after 5 hours. I did a little research and found Eco one has a Pre filter that allows 2 GPM and filters 8000 gallons per filter. Clear choice is running about 1/4 a gallon per minute and filters 500 gallons.

Eco one is $49.99

Clear choice is $29

Has any one tried the Eco One Pre filter.

I am filling my spa for the first time. I live in a rural area and have a well. My well has a lot of sediment. My dealer gave me a fill filter that had open cleats and attached to the end of a garden hose. This product failed miserably. It allowed a lot of sediment thru. I then got a Clear choice filter which is a sealed Pre filter that also fits on the end of a garden hose. There were no instructions so I didn't clear the filter (run water thru on ground before putting in the spa) so I got a bunch of white milky product (be nice) in the Spa. I drained the spa and started re filling with very clear water. Only problem is a much slower fill time. My 250 gallon spa is not even 1/4 full after 5 hours. I did a little research and found Eco one has a Pre filter that allows 2 GPM and filters 8000 gallons per filter. Clear choice is running about 1/4 a gallon per minute and filters 500 gallons.

Eco one is $49.99

Clear choice is $29

Has any one tried the Eco One Pre filter.

look up a cmpany called central spa supply the pre filter I use is called the fiber-Filter and it works great. it retails for around 30 bucks.

MicroPure, a Canadian company makes 3 types of Pre filters. Their web site has a dealer locater option. I just ordered 2 Micropure micron pre filters from Pool&Spa and will give them a review on my next re-fill

Please keep this topic on Pre filters.

Bendite

• 2 weeks later...
MicroPure, a Canadian company makes 3 types of Pre filters. Their web site has a dealer locater option. I just ordered 2 MicroPure micron pre filters from Pool&Spa and will give them a review on my next re-fill

Bendite

Just received the MicroPure micron pre filter. It is trickling at .25 GPM. Thats right 1/4 GPM. At this rate my 250 gallon hot tub will be filled in about 16 hours. I suspect it will clog long before that, making this product a waste of money for filtering sediment. The MicroPure rep online suggested this pre filter for sediment.

I hope PoolandSpa will refund my money.

Bendite

MicroPure, a Canadian company makes 3 types of Pre filters. Their web site has a dealer locater option. I just ordered 2 MicroPure micron pre filters from Pool&Spa and will give them a review on my next re-fill

Bendite

Just received the MicroPure micron pre filter. It is trickling at .25 GPM. Thats right 1/4 GPM. At this rate my 250 gallon hot tub will be filled in about 16 hours. I suspect it will clog long before that, making this product a waste of money for filtering sediment. The MicroPure rep online suggested this pre filter for sediment.

I hope PoolandSpa will refund my money.

Bendite

Poolandspa would not return my money for the pre filter I tried. Not surprised. Customer service these days is weak. Hope my experience saves someone else some money. Pre filters that attach to a garden hose just dont work. If you have a lot of sediment there are some serious house filters, but they cost a lot.

Bendite