Spa Recommendations In Massachusetts?

troubleman

My husband and I have been looking to get a spa. We have looked at many brand and my husband has wet tested 4 of them. I think we have narrowed it down to Sundance, Hotsprings, Dimension one, or master spas. I hope to go back and wet test some with my husband in the upcoming weeks.

we are also debating the lounger seat....we have heard pros and cons and that its personal prefrence. I just worry about the loungers taking up too much room.

Any comments or suggestions appreciated...thanks

Is there anyone in the Massachusetts area that I should know about? :wacko:

My husband and I have been looking to get a spa. We have looked at many brand and my husband has wet tested 4 of them. I think we have narrowed it down to Sundance, Hotsprings, Dimension one, or master spas. I hope to go back and wet test some with my husband in the upcoming weeks.

we are also debating the lounger seat....we have heard pros and cons and that its personal prefrence. I just worry about the loungers taking up too much room.

Check out as many as you can. Hot springs, Vita, cal, D1, Artic, Coleman, Marquis and make sure the dealer has been around for a while and wet test them

Those are 4 major spa makers (though I personally prefer the first three). As far as the lounger goes, don't debate that at all until you BOTH wet test it as soooo many times people have decided they want one only to find that it didn't fit them in the water test (or in some people's case, they don't wet test and find this out in their own back yard). I know my wife is 5'2" and there is no way she could use a lounger so if we got such a spa 1/3 of it would be unusable to her so you really want to be sure it's ok for to both of you. It's not just about height either so do wet test that lounger before you decide.

Those are 4 major spa makers (though I personally prefer the first three). As far as the lounger goes, don't debate that at all until you BOTH wet test it as soooo many times people have decided they want one only to find that it didn't fit them in the water test (or in some people's case, they don't wet test and find this out in their own back yard). I know my wife is 5'2" and there is no way she could use a lounger so if we got such a spa 1/3 of it would be unusable to her so you really want to be sure it's ok for to both of you. It's not just about height either so do wet test that lounger before you decide.

Thanks I will keep that in mind.

my husband is 5'8" and I am 5'2" he sinks though I think I may be the opposite. we will have to find out.

I am in Massachusetts. Seeing that you have listed both Sundance and HotSrings, there is a good chance you have been to NE Spas. I own a 2002 Sundance Optima purchased there. I opted for no lounge and am happy with the decision, but as you said that is personal preference. The only way you will know is when you wet test. NE Spas has been very good to deal with. They have been in the spa business for a long time, almost as long as SD and HS have been making spas.

Are you in the Boston area? If so, make sure you check out New England Spas. Award winning dealer.

Most are award winning dealers unless they are new I believe. Also if a lounge is a waste try the 470 or 480 model from Coleman wich contain no lounge. I think all of the spas are great but you might actually find you will not float like a cork when sitting in a Coleman because of the erganomics.

Most are award winning dealers unless they are new I believe. Also if a lounge is a waste try the 470 or 480 model from Coleman wich contain no lounge. I think all of the spas are great but you might actually find you will not float like a cork when sitting in a Coleman because of the erganomics.

I think hottubdan is referring to the fact that NE Spas is an Aqua 100 Hall of Fame dealer which most are not and very few are.

Like everyone has said, be sure to wet test the lounger first. Also, test tubs without a lounger to see if there is a seat that you can kind of "lounge" in anyways, as I found in a family members tub with no lounger (there is a couple seats where i can actually lay back a little and have my feet up and supported across other seats without floating). Do you plan on entertaining a large or significant amount of people in your tub? If so, a lounger may not be for you. I have a 5 - 6 person tub with a lounger, but find 5 is comfortable anything else would be cramped. The same size tub without a lounger would be able to fit that sixth person in comfortably (but i don't entertain many guests, usually just my wife an I, occasionally another couple or one or two friends). The shape of a lounger will also make a difference to how comfortable you are in it and whether or not you will float. When speaking to a dealer who is trying to explain ergonomics to you, make sure they can properly spell the word.

I am from Providence, RI and I was very impressed with the people that worked at NE Spas. I have 2 friends that got thier spas from there and are both very happy with service. I went there to look at tubs and when they found out I was from RI they recommended I use a dealer that was only 10 min away from my house (they were a little over an hour away) because it would be easier for service calls. Even though they knew I wasn't going to buy anything from them they still went thought everything with me. The sales guy spent over an hour with me.

I notice quite a few of you mention NE Spa, which location have you purchased from....we visited the one in Natick, even though it is an hour from our home. Do you think an hour is too far to make this sort of purchase (for maintanance reasons)? Thanks for all the good info thus far!

I notice quite a few of you mention NE Spa, which location have you purchased from....we visited the one in Natick, even though it is an hour from our home. Do you think an hour is too far to make this sort of purchase (for maintanance reasons)? Thanks for all the good info thus far!

It may not be too far but you will want to check to see what the dealer charges for a trip charge so that you know up front what you'll pay in the event you need service.

My husband and I just purchased the MasterSpa LSX from a place in Somerset, MA. Not sure if it is in your area, but if it is, you may want to check them out. Cut Price Pools ask for Kristin. We found the LSX to be the best therapy spa in our area.

I purchased from the Norwell store. All the service comes out of the Natick store, so I am a good hour from there and have no problem. They service a pretty large area, so I wouldn't be too concerned.

My husband and I just purchased the MasterSpa LSX from a place in Somerset, MA. Not sure if it is in your area, but if it is, you may want to check them out. Cut Price Pools ask for Kristin. We found the LSX to be the best therapy spa in our area.

I'm in the same area and wasn't very impressed with Cut Price (1.showroom,2.knowledge,3.price,4.Master Tub quality overall.) I also checked out the Bullfrog Dealer about a mile west and felt the same way. There is a Caldera dealer on the same stretch of highway in Seekonk that has a great showroom, very helpful sales staff and a price that I felt was very good(Geneva/Niagra for $8200 including all the basics needed). Granted I'm still shopping and have yet to wet test but thats where I'm leaning towards if all things are equal. Have you or anyone else been there and what type of feedback do you have to offer? Any other dealers in the area I should check out ?

I'm in the same area and wasn't very impressed with Cut Price (1.showroom,2.knowledge,3.price,4.Master Tub quality overall.) I also checked out the Bullfrog Dealer about a mile west and felt the same way. There is a Caldera dealer on the same stretch of highway in Seekonk that has a great showroom, very helpful sales staff and a price that I felt was very good(Geneva/Niagra for $8200 including all the basics needed). Granted I'm still shopping and have yet to wet test but thats where I'm leaning towards if all things are equal. Have you or anyone else been there and what type of feedback do you have to offer? Any other dealers in the area I should check out ?

My husband and I did visit the Master Spas in Somerset and my husband actually wet tested 2 of their models. He did like them alot, (the jets covered a large number of areas). We will be returning to 3 of the dealers so I can wet test with him and make our descision.

We did not see the Caldera dealer, maybe we will check them out too, though we already have 4 major brand companies that we are deciding from, if we add another, that could make things even harder to decide.

ON another note, we did go to the Bullfrog dealer in that area and my husband wet tested. He was very disapointed in the wet test after testing the other brands. He said there was nothing special about them compared to the others.

I am sorry you didn't have a good experience at Cut Price. Actually, the first time I went to see them, the woman I spoke to didn't have any answers to my questions either. Then, Kristin, the asst. mgr. came to speak to us, and she knew everything about all of the tubs and then some. She gave us suggestions on what would suit us best. You are right about the pricing, it is a bit high, but after working with them, we got them to lower the price of the LSX floor model tub by $1500 and include cover, cover lifter, steps, chemicals, delivery, setup, and they'll show us how to use it. (Also, they don't charge extra for service charges, and they service their own tubs.) I guess it just depends on who you work with at each dealer. My father-in-law has a Master Spa, loves it, and has never once in 6 years had a problem. We decided that with the knowledge of the mgr, the drop in price and the quality and happiness of my father-in-law, Cut Price suited us best.

I am sorry you didn't have a good experience at Cut Price. Actually, the first time I went to see them, the woman I spoke to didn't have any answers to my questions either. Then, Kristin, the asst. mgr. came to speak to us, and she knew everything about all of the tubs and then some. She gave us suggestions on what would suit us best. You are right about the pricing, it is a bit high, but after working with them, we got them to lower the price of the LSX floor model tub by $1500 and include cover, cover lifter, steps, chemicals, delivery, setup, and they'll show us how to use it. (Also, they don't charge extra for service charges, and they service their own tubs.) I guess it just depends on who you work with at each dealer. My father-in-law has a Master Spa, loves it, and has never once in 6 years had a problem. We decided that with the knowledge of the mgr, the drop in price and the quality and happiness of my father-in-law, Cut Price suited us best.

Good to know......thanks

Just spoke to brother in-law, he and his wife just bought a dynasty spa for around $7400. Does anyone have any experience with Dynasty spas? My husband and I looked at them when we were looking at the others, and we were NOT very impressed with them. Maybe it was the dealer we went too?

Anyway, I think I'll still be sticking to one of my 4 top choices. Sundance, hotspring, Dimension One or POSSIBLY Master Spa. Hoping to go do more wet testing on Wednesday!

Just spoke to brother in-law, he and his wife just bought a dynasty spa for around $7400. Does anyone have any experience with Dynasty spas? My husband and I looked at them when we were looking at the others, and we were NOT very impressed with them. Maybe it was the dealer we went too?

Anyway, I think I'll still be sticking to one of my 4 top choices. Sundance, hotspring, Dimension One or POSSIBLY Master Spa. Hoping to go do more wet testing on Wednesday!

Are you dealing with the Sundance & Hotspring places in Cranston and the D1 place in Coventry or Dartmouth? If so have you recieved any prices? I'm interested in a top line 6-7 person tub (not sure about the lounger yet) and being on the East side of the Bay I also want to make sure i'm able to get good service if needed. Also has any one out there had any dealings with the Vita dealer in Portsmouth RI?

Are you dealing with the Sundance & Hotspring places in Cranston and the D1 place in Coventry or Dartmouth? If so have you recieved any prices? I'm interested in a top line 6-7 person tub (not sure about the lounger yet) and being on the East side of the Bay I also want to make sure i'm able to get good service if needed. Also has any one out there had any dealings with the Vita dealer in Portsmouth RI?

I live in Portsmouth, and it is the first place I looked. The tubs are great. I have a friend who owns one, and has nothing but good things to say about it. However, I found that for the higher level tubs, the prices were too high. There wasn't a 700 series tub in the store that was less than $10,000. They didn't give much of a price break when I asked, only $500 off during their upcoming sale in mid-March. Don't know much else about Vita in Portsmouth.