Spa Recommendations In Massachusetts?

troubleman

I live in Portsmouth, and it is the first place I looked. The tubs are great. I have a friend who owns one, and has nothing but good things to say about it. However, I found that for the higher level tubs, the prices were too high. There wasn't a 700 series tub in the store that was less than $10,000. They didn't give much of a price break when I asked, only $500 off during their upcoming sale in mid-March. Don't know much else about Vita in Portsmouth.

I got the same response and wasn't impressed by the salesperson. (I think he was a saleperson?) Very unprofesional. I'm going to wet test a Caldera Geneva at Morris Sunspace in Seekonk and a Master LS800 at Cut Price in the next couple of weeks. The Caldera for $8200 with light kit(standard w/Geneva), GFCI,delivery,steps,start up chemicals,cover and lifter is the best $ iv'e seen for what looks to be a real quality product. Cut Price quoted me $8800 with everything but light kit(extra $700),start-up kit(extra$99) and no GFCI. I'll make sure I speak to Kristen to see what she can do if the Master wet tests better than the Caldera. If it does't it looks like the Caldera might be sitting in my backyard soon.

I got the same response and wasn't impressed by the salesperson. (I think he was a saleperson?) Very unprofesional. I'm going to wet test a Caldera Geneva at Morris Sunspace in Seekonk and a Master LS800 at Cut Price in the next couple of weeks. The Caldera for $8200 with light kit(standard w/Geneva), GFCI,delivery,steps,start up chemicals,cover and lifter is the best $ iv'e seen for what looks to be a real quality product. Cut Price quoted me $8800 with everything but light kit(extra $700),start-up kit(extra$99) and no GFCI. I'll make sure I speak to Kristen to see what she can do if the Master wet tests better than the Caldera. If it does't it looks like the Caldera might be sitting in my backyard soon.

I bought the floor model LSX from Cut Price. It is being delivered next week. I was originally quoted a total of $10,500. The tub ($9,500), led lighting (+$700) and stainless steel jets (+$300). Because they were getting ready for the Providence Home Show, I was able to get them to reduce the price to $9000 total. (They included the stairs, cover, lifter, starter chemicals, delivery and startup "fill and fire". They wanted the tub out of the showroom before the homeshow so they will have room for the new tubs after the show. You may want to work on them to lower the price of the LS800, especially if you are willing to buy the floor model. They pay commission to the sales people at the homeshow, and not to their own sales person (Kristin). Keep this in mind when shopping there, and good luck!

It's $700 for the multi-color lighting (I assume that is inside and outside the tub)? I'd skip it at that price and I'd also skip the start-up kit and spend the money on the full size bottles of chems. Usually the start-up kits come inthe price of teh sap and any time they want to sell it separately I'd say skip it and get teh more economical sized bottles. Then again, all that only matters if the Master wet tests well versus the Caldera which is a very good spa.

Caldera is a great spa, w/ozone system,waterfall, interior and exterior lighting, and they look really nice. You will be really happy. The jets feel great and they always cover everything with the warranty. For the price you mentioned and all the stuff you're getting that's a great deal. good luck what ever you choose.

• 3 weeks later...

I bought the floor model LSX from Cut Price. It is being delivered next week. I was originally quoted a total of $10,500. The tub ($9,500), led lighting (+$700) and stainless steel jets (+$300). Because they were getting ready for the Providence Home Show, I was able to get them to reduce the price to $9000 total. (They included the stairs, cover, lifter, starter chemicals, delivery and startup "fill and fire". They wanted the tub out of the showroom before the homeshow so they will have room for the new tubs after the show. You may want to work on them to lower the price of the LS800, especially if you are willing to buy the floor model. They pay commission to the sales people at the homeshow, and not to their own sales person (Kristin). Keep this in mind when shopping there, and good luck!

Which tub did you get and is it everything you expected?

• 3 weeks later...

Just wondering if anyone has any experience dealing with the Hot Springs dealer in Middleboro?

I bought a spa from Woodstoves and Fireplaces last year and found them to be very professional. Delivery was great despite a tough yard to navigate. The guys could not have been nicer. The few minor issues I have had with the spa have been resolved promptly and without and trouble.

I’m also from MA. I purchased a spa last fall from Four Season Spas in Rehoboth, MA. It was a small dealer, but the owner was very helpful. He delivered it himself and even installed my cover lifter for me. I have read a lot of negativity about small dealers, but I think that this guy provided more personal service then a larger dealer ever would have. Probably because he is more hungry for business. I had an air lock in my pump last month and he was out the same day to fix it for free. He also has the best prices on chemicals that I have ever found. I bought a Hydro Spa Omni, and I love it!

• 2 weeks later...

Looking to buy a hot tub in South eastern Massachusetts. I'm 5'1" and my husband is 6'4". We wet tested at NE Spa in Norwell yesterday. Really liked the HS Vanguard. Positively, loved the dealer. We want to wet test the D1 Diplomat. We dry tested this a the NE Home show. What can anyone tell me about Dartmouth Pools & Spas? We are disappointed with their hours - only open till 4pm on Saturday and not open at all on Sunday. Being a working couple these hours are very restrictive.

Looking to buy a hot tub in South eastern Massachusetts. I'm 5'1" and my husband is 6'4". We wet tested at NE Spa in Norwell yesterday. Really liked the HS Vanguard. Positively, loved the dealer. We want to wet test the D1 Diplomat. We dry tested this a the NE Home show. What can anyone tell me about Dartmouth Pools & Spas? We are disappointed with their hours - only open till 4pm on Saturday and not open at all on Sunday. Being a working couple these hours are very restrictive.

You could try calling and telling them of your desire to wet test the D1, most dealers will allow you to do so out of normal store hours, if you tell them you are seriously in the market for a spa.