Planning Question Re: Cover Lifter

Johnny D

I am planning an install in a narrow area and plan on getting the Sundance Maxxus. Here's my questions;

How high up will the top of the cover sit over the top of the tub? I would like to get one that rests down and mostly out of sight. The height of the spa is 41 1/2 " Looking towards the backside afffords a nice veiw but it will have to be looking over the cover while sitting in the tub.

Is it doable or practical to raise and lower the top from the front of the spa since access to the left and right sides is impractical. There will be a wall on either side, (6-12" from sides of spa)

I was told that because of the size of the Maxxus, 7' 6" X 9'2" they use three pieces of foam and it cannot fold to either side, just front or back.

I don't have the same tub but I'll try to help.

Hum. Well here is my guess and that's all it is but assuming your cover well fold in half the 7'-6" way then the cover would be 45" tall folded up. Now you can see the cover is already taller than your tub folded in half and on top of that most likely the cover lift well not let the folded cover rest on the ground when it's in the open position so I think that well add some more height.

My cover is about 8" away from the ground in the open position and this well vary with coved width and style of lifter. My cover sticks up about a foot above the tub in the open position but does not block my view. In fact it gives a bit more privacy.

I think your going to be looking at your cover. You could always pull it off by had when you need the view and use the lifter when it's dark out and you cant see the yard anyways.

Hope this helps.

I am planning an install in a narrow area and plan on getting the Sundance Maxxus. Here's my questions;

How high up will the top of the cover sit over the top of the tub? I would like to get one that rests down and mostly out of sight. The height of the spa is 41 1/2 " Looking towards the backside afffords a nice veiw but it will have to be looking over the cover while sitting in the tub.

Is it doable or practical to raise and lower the top from the front of the spa since access to the left and right sides is impractical. There will be a wall on either side, (6-12" from sides of spa)

I was told that because of the size of the Maxxus, 7' 6" X 9'2" they use three pieces of foam and it cannot fold to either side, just front or back.

This is one of the things I go over with each customer, because I only want satisfied customers. Most shoppers think about "being in the spa" and enjoying it, because that is what sales people are taught to do, "put the prospect in the spa mentally" and avoid any negatives that would slow the sale.

Dealing with a cover is very important and if it is difficult for you wife or you, you will never be happy with it.

I suggest that you get the dealer to make a custom cover in two halves and use two CoverMate III's one one each end to both lighten the cover and make easy lifting.

Or get a spa that fits your situation better.

Yes, they do have three peices on the Maxxus. It is not as easy to raise and lower the cover from in the spa, but it sure can be done. 1" web straps can be looped through the handles or the tie-down straps to help you pull it closed, other tricks can be employed. Like anything else in life, you will have to make some compromises and adjustments.

Have you considered a Cover Shelf? It keeps the cover level: all you do is slide the cover off and back on. Preserves the view.

SCG%20-%20Cover%20Shelf.JPG

Yes, they do have three peices on the Maxxus. It is not as easy to raise and lower the cover from in the spa, but it sure can be done. 1" web straps can be looped through the handles or the tie-down straps to help you pull it closed, other tricks can be employed. Like anything else in life, you will have to make some compromises and adjustments.

Have you considered a Cover Shelf? It keeps the cover level: all you do is slide the cover off and back on. Preserves the view.

SCG%20-%20Cover%20Shelf.JPG

This sounds exactly like what I woudl need. No space needed behind the tub on the ground. Will have to check this out. Found this link. Cover Shelf

Thanks so much for the response. :rolleyes:

jd

One more thing. Is it true that on the Maxxus the cover cannot be lifted with a lifter to the side; only front or back? One dealer said"no problem" the other said that becasue of the span, it would sag and I would not be happy with it. I may have enough room to the side if this is doable which woudl totally preserve the view.

Thanks,