D1 Aurora Ii

Hey everyone. I'm in the market for a hot tub and have been shopping around for a few days. I've found a D1 Aurora II (2006 model) that a dealer is selling pretty cheap (per the dealer) because business has been slow. It's a floor model that comes with steps and the ez lift for 6,695.00 delivered. I'm thinking there may be room to negotiate since they haven't sold a tub in a while. Any opinions?

Mike

Hi Mike - That seems like a reasonable price from what I've seen in the SF Bay Area. However, it usually doesn't hurt to counter offer at a lower price. I'd just figure out all the other things you want (chemicals, differnent jets, etc) and get the price for the total before you start renegotiating.

The Aurora II has a really nice form factor. I had a similar form factor in a D1 Interlude for about 10 years and really liked it. Having a step into a spa makes for much easier entry and exit.

We just moved up to a Chairman II for our new place. (sadly no step, but fantastic seating and adjustable neck jets that fit me and my significantly shorty wife)

By the way. One of the realy nice options on the D1'is the White Ultralife surface. It comes with a lifetime warranty (my interlude is over 13 years old and still looks great - now at a friends place),and i think it just feels better to the touch - a little softer when you're in the spa.

Have you sat in the spa? This is important, to make sure you have room and the seat angles are good for you. A wet test is the best way to really see, since you'll sit differently in the bouyancy of the water.

Good luck.