Caldera C45 Pricing

I'm a newbie that is shopping for a hot tub. We really like the Caldera C45 and plan to wet test it this weekend. Does anyone out there have some pricing guidelines on this tub? Our first quote was for $8k with delivery, cover, covermate1, step, chemical start up kit and gfic box. We are in the DC area. I'd appreciate anyone's help. Thanks!

I'm a newbie that is shopping for a hot tub. We really like the Caldera C45 and plan to wet test it this weekend. Does anyone out there have some pricing guidelines on this tub? Our first quote was for $8k with delivery, cover, covermate1, step, chemical start up kit and gfic box. We are in the DC area. I'd appreciate anyone's help. Thanks!

[/quote

In my opinion all Caldera spas are overpriced by at least 40% above what retail should be on them, based upon manufacturing costs and the types of construction. Full foam stuffed cabinet to hold it together, lots of cheap small jets, diverter valves, small pumps. No body can be that limited in awareness of things in this world.

Most consumers are totally ignorant aout hot tubs. You need to learn what it takes to make a good tub. Do a searh on Quality Hot Tubs.

http://www.soundclick.com/havenhead

Goodie,

Caldera is a great spa. I'm not familliar with the C45 model. ?(is that a model only in canada? Do you have a link,?)

Caldera is a great spa. I'm not familliar with the C45 model. ?(is that a model only in canada? Do you have a link,?)

Hi Trigger,

Thanks for the response. From what I was told at the dealers, the C45 is a level below the Geneva. The C45 does not come with the continuous circulation pump or the air pump and has 45 jets vs. 47. His price on the C45 was around $1700 less than the Geneva.

I couldn't find a link either, but I saw a post from spatech earlier this month and he said the C45 is a special spa for some dealers so it isn't on the website since not all customers have access to it.

Wow - you're quick on the draw. I posted a response and you had already read and responded to Trigger. I just got a PM asking me to ban Trigger... sheesh :wacko:

Yes, as you discovered, the C-45 is a Caldera model made specifically for a single dealer. I believe he has several stores - it is the Geneva with a few things removed. Because of that, I really can't comment on the pricing. Sorry.

But I sell Caldera, and I think they are a fine product. More jet pressure than most tubs, lots of adjustability on the jets, quiet operation, energy efficient, good warranty etc. I also sell HotSpring, and if for some reason I couldn't have a HotSpring in my back yard, I would gladly put a Caldera.

B)

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I too, am in the DC area and began spa shopping this past weekend...after visiting 4 dealers on Saturday (HS, SunDance, Caldera and CalSpa) and getting information overload, we went back for a wet test of the Caldera Utopia/Niagara and C-45 (probably same dealer as Goodie visited)...we liked the Niagara spa better, but the price difference between the 2 is about $2K (Niagara right under $10K and C-45 just under $8K)!...pricing for both includes the typical "extras" identified in the first post(e.g., delivery/set-up, cover, lifter, gfc box, chemical starter kit, etc.)...

Anyway, to make this long story even longer, I'm wondering 1) if the pricing we've received is competitive (at least in the NoVA/DC/MD area), and 2) if the additional $2K for the Niagara tub is worth it? (one of the features of the Niagara is the "half-lounge" seat, which fit my family very well - the C-45 has a full lounge seat and at 6'0" I would be the only one who could really use that feature, plus when not using the half-lounge feature of the Niagara, it can be used as a "7th" seat, if necessary). I just found this forum today, and have surfed through several of the threads, but any information on the pricing of the Caldera Utopia/Niagara vs. C-45 is much appreciated! Thanks.

I too, am in the DC area and began spa shopping this past weekend...after visiting 4 dealers on Saturday (HS, SunDance, Caldera and CalSpa) and getting information overload, we went back for a wet test of the Caldera Utopia/Niagara and C-45 (probably same dealer as Goodie visited)...we liked the Niagara spa better, but the price difference between the 2 is about $2K (Niagara right under $10K and C-45 just under $8K)!...pricing for both includes the typical "extras" identified in the first post(e.g., delivery/set-up, cover, lifter, gfc box, chemical starter kit, etc.)...

Anyway, to make this long story even longer, I'm wondering 1) if the pricing we've received is competitive (at least in the NoVA/DC/MD area), and 2) if the additional $2K for the Niagara tub is worth it? (one of the features of the Niagara is the "half-lounge" seat, which fit my family very well - the C-45 has a full lounge seat and at 6'0" I would be the only one who could really use that feature, plus when not using the half-lounge feature of the Niagara, it can be used as a "7th" seat, if necessary). I just found this forum today, and have surfed through several of the threads, but any information on the pricing of the Caldera Utopia/Niagara vs. C-45 is much appreciated! Thanks.

Question #2 is a tough one to answer because it's all about what's best for you . You're decision seems to boil down to getting the spa you truly prefer (clearly the Niagara from what I read) vs spending $2k less on another spa that you think would work but maybe not as well. Often you'll hear advice like "you only do this every 10 years or so, get what you really want" but at the same time, spending $2k less is enticing. If there are only 2 or 3 people in the spa at a time (meaning how many use it 90% of the time), I wouldn't worry about the space the lounge takes up. If there are 4 or 5 people regularly then having a lounge that works for mostly just you may not be the better option.

Question #2 is a tough one to answer because it's all about what's best for you . You're decision seems to boil down to getting the spa you truly prefer (clearly the Niagara from what I read) vs spending $2k less on another spa that you think would work but maybe not as well. Often you'll hear advice like "you only do this every 10 years or so, get what you really want" but at the same time, spending $2k less is enticing. If there are only 2 or 3 people in the spa at a time (meaning how many use it 90% of the time), I wouldn't worry about the space the lounge takes up. If there are 4 or 5 people regularly then having a lounge that works for mostly just you may not be the better option.

Thanks for the response, Spatech...I guess you're right (and that's what I've found the general consensus around here to be)...choose the brand/model that is "right for you" and "wet test, wet test, wet test!"...anyway, I've also found a local Marquis dealer and we'll go check them out this weekend...as for the Caldera Niagara, I called a dealer this afternoon in Richmond (about 90 miles from where I am) and his "over the phone quote" for the exact same Niagara package was about $800 less than the quote I received here in Northern VA...

I didn't realize this was going to be such a stressful experience!!! At least with car shopping nowadays, you have a wealth of pricing information available at your fingertips via the internet...can't say that much for spa shopping at this juncture...

Thanks for the response, Spatech...I guess you're right (and that's what I've found the general consensus around here to be)...choose the brand/model that is "right for you" and "wet test, wet test, wet test!"...anyway, I've also found a local Marquis dealer and we'll go check them out this weekend...as for the Caldera Niagara, I called a dealer this afternoon in Richmond (about 90 miles from where I am) and his "over the phone quote" for the exact same Niagara package was about $800 less than the quote I received here in Northern VA...

My sister lives in Fairfax are and No Va certainly can be an expensive area (assuming you're talking about a similar area) to do busisness in and maybe his costs of operation are higher than in Richmond so you can't always expect the same pricing but...

Go ahead and let the No Va dealer know what you've found and ask if he'll meet it or at lesat maybe he'll budge some.

My sister lives in Fairfax are and No Va certainly can be an expensive area (assuming you're talking about a similar area) to do busisness in and maybe his costs of operation are higher than in Richmond so you can't always expect the same pricing but...

Go ahead and let the No Va dealer know what you've found and ask if he'll meet it or at lesat maybe he'll budge some.

Tell me about it (i.e., the cost of living in the NoVA/DC area)!...yes, Fairfax is right down the street from me - your sister and I are probably neighbors! And, yes, that is exactly what I intend to do - tell the NoVA dealer that I've found the same tub/package for $800 less (that is assuming I don't fall in love with one of the HS, Marquis, or D1 tubs I plan to wet-test this weekend!)