Arctic Spa Micropure Filter

-GG-

Hello! I've been owning my spa since 2 weeks... i've had a lot of trouble with my water since then... I need to tell you that my tub has seen a lot of bathers in these 2 weeks lol. Me and my G/F have been in the tub every night since we got it (for more than an hour each time) and we've got the normal "old friend you haven't seen in month" coming to try the new tub hahaha. Thats normal I think and it was also funnyto see them again!! lol

Now... in the last 2 days... i was completely unable to bring water back to normal... it was always foamy and milky! After trying the chemical way... bromine, shock, ph, ta, CH, enzymes.... anything! Yesterday, I decided to simply change my MICROPURE filter that was supposed to be good for "at least" 3 month for a brand new one! What a surprise when i found that my water was amazing this morning!!!

So... does the MICROPURE filters sucks or did i just asked it too much in the last 2 weeks? What are your own experience with these?

I personally think that the micropure filters work great if you have lots of company or in the summer time when everyone has lotions and oils on them. In these cases based on bather loads I have seen the micropure filter last a couple weeks to 2 months of heavy usage. If used in the fall it should get you through to spring. I have always recommended to have at least one pleated filter around just for the fact they can last over 2 yrs in some cases. If you dont mind wasting money every couple of weeks or every month then stick with the micropure.

Glad to hear you're enjoying your tub and all your new/old friends.

"I personally think that the micropure filters work great if you have lots of company or in the summer time when everyone has lotions and oils on them." Pathfinder has a sense of humour, and I had to chuckle at that. :) Those 1 micron pores can clog up pretty quickly under certain conditions. For the same reason, I hope that your dealer also mentioned that defoamers and other commonly used chemicals will reduce the life of the filter.

According to Micropure, their filter will last as advertised under careful sanitation. With the bathers you have had in the last two weeks, that's a heavy load. When you changed filters, your water cleared up because the new filter took over and did some of the work normally handled by the sanitizer. Once you get your water back in balance, you should find that the Micropure filters give you reasonable performance, and will give you the benefit of not having to clean a pleated filter.

Happy hot tubbing

Tom

Hi tom!

No my dealer did not told me that defoamer would kill my filter! They even gave me a bottle of defoamer in the "chemical package" that came with the tub.... :blink:

Should i understand that pleated filters would be better for my use of the tub?

Should i understand that pleated filters would be better for my use of the tub?

Micropure works well in our products, but so do the pleated filters.

From the Arctic Spas Owner Manual, p. 28: "The use of Clarifiers and Foam Inhibitors is not recommended with Arctic Pure® Disposable Filters!"

Just an update, i've done what Tom told me in PM. I've thrown away all chemicals except PH+ PH- Total Alcalinity+ Calcium Hardness+ and Brominating Tablet! (No more anti-foam, stain and scale or enzymes!) I've also put a brand new filter! Since then, my water has survived a big party and our daily bath without any water trouble (Which is a first!!) and i've lowered my chemical use by half without doing anything! So, problem resolved!

Thanks to you Tom!

So, problem resolved!

Thanks to you Tom!

Wonderful news, GG. Credit goes to one of our factory sales reps, Bill, who assisted on this thread.