Just Signed A Deal On A 2007 Jacuzzi J-480.....

with Silverwood Cabinet and Platinum interior. I just received a call from my salesperson and he indicated that there was an error in the stock numbers and the unit is in fact a 2006. He indicated the only model change between the 2006 and 2007 model years was the introduction of the IPOD docking station (which is not a deal breaker for me as I do NOT own an IPOD :lol: ). Otherwise, he states, the units are identical.

IS THIS TRUE? They are prepared to knock off $700 (their cost for the IPOD upgrade) from my purchase price if I decide to take 2006 unit. If I want a 2007 they do have a Platinum interior with a Mahogany base that they are willing to substitute.

My questions:

1- Was this the ONLY significant change?

2- Is $700 a reasonable discount for taking a 2006 model over a 2007?

3- What are your suggestions as I am a noob in this area?

Btw, I am paying $14,500 CDN and the deal includes the ozonator, Poly Planar Stereo etc...

The Dealer is having a promotion that included:

1- Up to $1500 off (the j-480 qualified for full discount)

2- Covermate 3 Coverlifter

3- 2 tier colourmatched resin step

4- 60 amp GFCI

5- Start up chemicals

6- 10 x 12 Material Gazebo.

7- 2 X Bathrobes

8- Bistro Set

Your input is appreciated.

MG

$700 Canadian I imagine is about $500 US off. That sounds just ok, but not so great not a $14k '06 leftover; we are half way into '07. The fact that their other offer if to give you a Platinum '07 but not in the cabinet color tells me they are trying to sell you from their stock so they don't have to buy a new one and I understand why. Personally, I'd call their bluff and tell them thanks but that's not enough to change my mind and that with those facts I still want the platinum in the Silverwood and am willing to wait for it new from the factory (assuming you would be willing to wait). I wouldn't be surprised if they came back with a counter on one of their 2 spas in stock.

Now I am more confused..... Our Sales rep called and indicated that the Owner/Manager is not in until tomorrow morning. But has now offered another option:

A 2007 Sundance Spa 800 Series MaXXUS for around $14,500.

He indicates that this is Comparable to the J-480 but bigger and with more bells and Whistles. All the same options would be applicable. I still REALLY like the J-480 and do not know enough to compare the 2 models.......

Your input is appreciated. :wacko:

Im trying to figure out why hes offering you a completely different tub when your already considering the 480. I maybe off on this but it sounds like either this salesman is in a panic and thinks your not going to buy from them and is shooting out tubs and prices to get you to buy or the dealer is just trying to make more money off you buy selling you the Maxxus full pop not having to budge in price on the 06 480 or not have to order an 07 480 at all.

Dont get stressed if you were set on the 480 stick with it and just deal on the price for either the 06 or 07 or just walk away and look at other tubs & companies if you feel like your being taken.

Heheh nope not wood but a Material Gazebo (Sunbrella type cloth)

Also, because my invoice lists a stock # and description of 2007 Jacuzzi J-480 with Stereo. The invoice also states Delivered before June 1st. If the Dealer will not come around on the price and meet my delivery requirement, I assume I can walk..... am I correct?

• 2 months later...

We just inked a deal for the J-480 with a delivery date for Feb '08. Bought it at the indiana state fair. We're getting a 2007 model with ipod docking station (and free ipod thrown in), cover with hydraulic lift assit, stereo system, waterproof wireless remote. They had a floor model they were selling but we talked them into allowing us to order liner/exterior colors and get a new one.

Total price:$11,000 USD before tax and extended warranty. 5 year is standard, $249 for another 5 year partial coverage option. I think $11,950 for everything maybe.

Woohah!

$700 Canadian I imagine is about $500 US off. That sounds just ok, but not so great not a $14k '06 leftover; we are half way into '07. The fact that their other offer if to give you a Platinum '07 but not in the cabinet color tells me they are trying to sell you from their stock so they don't have to buy a new one and I understand why. Personally, I'd call their bluff and tell them thanks but that's not enough to change my mind and that with those facts I still want the platinum in the Silverwood and am willing to wait for it new from the factory (assuming you would be willing to wait). I wouldn't be surprised if they came back with a counter on one of their 2 spas in stock.

700 canadian = 667 american to be picky lol. This is a thing that burns me. Canadians are getting the raw end of the deal. We are paying prices (not saying spas) that show a 60 cent on the dollar exchange.