Building A Hot Tub Into Existing Pool

Hey,

I just wanted to get an opinion on this estimate.

I currently have an old in-ground pool, and wanted to get a hot tub built into it. And the heater is ancient and on its last legs.

The estimate I received was $25,135.

This would include: replumbing the pool, plumbing the new spa, and building a spa dam wall and bench out of block with steel reinforcing. In addition, the pool and spa would be tiled with a 6" band of waterline tile.

Since it's busy season, have had trouble having other people out here (Los Angeles) for estimates.

Let me know if it seems fair or steep, or if you need more information.

Thanks.

• 5 weeks later...
Hey,

I just wanted to get an opinion on this estimate.

I currently have an old in-ground pool, and wanted to get a hot tub built into it. And the heater is ancient and on its last legs.

The estimate I received was $25,135.

This would include: replumbing the pool, plumbing the new spa, and building a spa dam wall and bench out of block with steel reinforcing. In addition, the pool and spa would be tiled with a 6" band of waterline tile.

Since it's busy season, have had trouble having other people out here (Los Angeles) for estimates.

Let me know if it seems fair or steep, or if you need more information.

Thanks.

I have no idea what a fair price is in LA but there is one other thing you may want to consider. I just went through a similiar exercise of getting a quote on resurfacing my pool and adding a built in spa. But if my contractor is to be believed ( and I do believe him) the thermal retention of the concrete spa will be essentially non-existent compared to a well insulated fiberglass spa. He told me it would cost about $15 in fuel every time I used the tub, contrast this with about 15/month if I go with fiberglass. I decided to have an add on fiberglass with some stone work around it. Can anybody confirm this about the relative fuel usage?