Compairing Jacuzzi J-470 And Hs Grandee

darrin

If you are looking for value, then get the Costco. The one all these Costco owners are raving about, because it is made better than both of those brands. One of the Costco owners went to the Jacuzzi store and could clearly see that the Costco was made stronger. I don't have anything to do with either brands.

It is pretty evident in the reputation of the spa industry. Just ask your neighbors, friends, and fellow employees about their spa experience. You will find that most spa brands are junk and they fall apart pretty fast.

So if you are going to get junk anyway, why pay 12K for it or 8K for it. Go to Costco and pay $4 to 6 k for it. If you buy a Hot Spring you will get to meet the service tech quite often, until the 5 years are up. Then you will realize just how expensive those parts area and how much you regret getting one. I get a lot of pissed off Hot Spring owners contacting me some to apologize for giving me a hard time, when I tried to warn them.

I am really a consumer advocate, but these sleazy sale people hate me because I make them look bad in the long run. Many people from this forum have contacted me and apologized, when they realized I was trying to help them.

http://www.soundclick.com/havenhead

I think most people here would say that a 400 series Jacuzzi and a Hot Springs spa are of comparable quality (and at or near the top of the list of the best spas). You really need to wet test them at this point. For example, the MotoMassage DX in the Hot Spring seems to be a "love it or hate it" jet. The Grandee has two of them - if you don't like it, you wouldn't want to get the Grandee, but if you love it, the Jacuzzi probably doesn't have anything that compares to it. The wet test - and your opinion of the local dealer afterwards - will answer a lot of your questions for you.

Comparing Hot Spring to Jacuzzi is like comparing Mattel with Tonka toys.

These products are low quality. The spa industry has been cutting their products quality for years. They are trying to make spa owners be satisified with lots of repairs and short life. The average tub of the mid 80's lasted 20 years. Today it is less than 10 years.

Avoid full foam at all costs. It is a cheap way to build hot tubs. The stuff the cabinet with foam, and tell you it is for insulation, when in fact it is used to hold up a cheap shell that cannont stand without it. This makes for a service nightmare when they leak.

Geeeze! Don't you have eyes and and brain?

Look around and see what is out there.

http://www.soundclick.com/havenhead

OK.. Here is where I'm at..

Jacuzzi 480 - top after wet test

D1 Amoré Bay - Liked after wet test, didn't care for dealer's selling tactics. It was like I was buying a car and the salesman even asked how much I was willing to pay. Never actually got a price from dealer, even after visting on 3 different occasions.

HS Grandee - Didn't care for motto massage.

The price I'm getting quoted for the 2007 Jacuzzi 480 with stereo, steps, lifter and premium cover is 11,500 and another 200 for the Ozone Corona Discharge system. For a total of 11,700. Does this seem reasonable?

Thanks,

Darrin

The price I'm getting quoted for the 2007 Jacuzzi 480 with stereo, steps, lifter and premium cover is 11,500 and another 200 for the Ozone Corona Discharge system. For a total of 11,700. Does this seem reasonable?

Thanks,

Darrin

Darrin,

Came to the same conclusions essentially!! The moto Massage was gimmiky, and not all that great really. As to your price... it sounds pretty fair to me if it includes a cover, lift, delivery and set up, and your first years chemicals. For reference, my dealer quoted me $7900 for the J-365, so ask him what his price is...go from there. (and if he's a lot cheaper, let me know please!)

Ben

I took a look at the price sheet and they are asking $8650 for a 2007 J365.. So $7900 may be a OK price...

What was you final experience with D1? I was so ticked that I am thinking about sending a note to the D1 headquarters so they have an idea of who is out here representing their product. Hopefully this is an isolated case..

Darrin

We didn't purchase just yet...we're getting some work done in the backyard first to make the place for it, etc... but we're all set on the Jacuzzi. I think the pricing you had is the same here...they were just having a recent special truckload thingy. Keep me posted on your whole experience!!

• 1 month later...

Just wondered if DARRIN or F15eWeapon had received their tubs yet ?

If so, how's it going ?

I've been looking for about 3 months, kinda settled in on the Arctic (Frontier)

but as I get closer to actually striking a deal I'm thinking of retesting the Jacuzzi (J-480)

and taking a spin in a Hot Springs spa as well (Vista, most likely).

Hot Springs has caught my attention primarily because

1-positive feedback from owners here,

2-very strong presence in my area with a dealer who has handled the line for 22 years, and

3-I believe agressive price promotions are just around the corner.

I've provided some information about those developments in a separate post

which I hope will attract other HS shoppers/owners to comment.

As I approach this kind of expenditure, weeks of reading P&S has convinced me that the WET TEST is the key, that's why I'll be back in the waters starting tomorrow.

In the meantime, I'd encourage & appreciate any feedback from recent buyers if your Jacuzzi's have arrived.

FYI

I've tried to consolidate some pricing information for Jacuzzi ( along with feedback from Jacuzzi shoppers & owners ) at this earlier post.

i have owned 2 hot springs. latest is Grandee. IMO, they are excellent spas. i had a sovereign for 12 years and never had a problem until last year i owned it.

However, have you looked at the difference in a real Hot Spring from Jon Watkins and the junk they make now. Not even close to the same quality. Masco is a huge sociopath corporation and they don't give a darn about you as a human being.

i have owned 2 hot springs. latest is Grandee. IMO, they are excellent spas. i had a sovereign for 12 years and never had a problem until last year i owned it.

However, have you looked at the difference in a real Hot Spring from Jon Watkins and the junk they make now. Not even close to the same quality. Masco is a huge sociopath corporation and they don't give a darn about you as a human being.

You know what I find funny? I bought my first tub over eight years ago, and Jim had already been around and pestering everybody for years - and saying "tubs aren't made the way there were 10 or 20 years ago." Now, almost 10 years later, when people talk about the Hot Spring, Sundance, or D1 tubs they've had for a decade, you're still saying "they don't make them the way they made them 10 years ago."

Yet another contradiction in your long, long, list of them.

Masco is a huge sociopath corporation and they don't give a darn about you as a human being.

That may or may not be true. However, that's irrelevant as to whether they make a good product or not. You seem to equate "evil people" with "bad quality product" and "good people" with "fine product". Those things aren't always true. Many a well-meaning company or person can make bad things or poor decisions, and many bad people have been very successful.

As I approach this kind of expenditure, weeks of reading P&S has convinced me that the WET TEST is the key, that's why I'll be back in the waters starting tomorrow.

That is SO true! Here's a good thread from another forum about wet testing - if anyone out there is not yet convinced about how important a wet test is, read this:

In Praise of Wet Testing

That [the WET TEST is the key] is SO true!

Here's a good thread from another forum about wet testing -

if anyone out there is not yet convinced about how important a wet test is, read this:

In Praise of Wet Testing

Thanks for the confirmation and the link... I've corrected it here so that it works !

Also appreciated your earlier note,

Masco is a huge sociopath corporation and they don't give a darn about you as a human being.

That may or may not be true. However, that's irrelevant as to whether they make a good product or not. You seem to equate "evil people" with "bad quality product" and "good people" with "fine product". Those things aren't always true. Many a well-meaning company or person can make bad things or poor decisions, and many bad people have been very successful.

And JIM's earlier note (from another thread) as well (!)

When you stand for good and the truth, just as it states in the Bible, people will dispise you.

Wicked people always dispise those of us who are trying to follow the truth.

I'm having trouble determining if this is a "secular" site or a "religious" site...

This post contained a personal attack and has been removed.

The original poster is welcome to rephrase and repost the message; however if the personal attacks continue the member will be banned.

this whole forum is just about this. what a waist of time this forum has become. Please remove my membership