A Nearly Complete Story

lextsy

Hi all.

I am from Sydney Australia and have just purchased a used spa.

After lurking on these forums for atleast a month I need to pipe up and ask a question.

I will just ask my question first and then go on with my story.

I need to know if I can fill up the spa before the electrician runs the power to my spa or do I have to wait. If i wait how can we test that his job works.

Anyway I am not sure exactly when I got obcessed but it was about a month ago. My spa search was initally for a new spa but i quickly realised that it was out of my budget. I was initially looking to spend 2000 but ended up spending a bit more.

Anyway I started looking on ebay and found several good used spas but didnt know much about them.

Brands ranged from Monarch to aristocrat and some hotsprings tubs but none of the tubs I see mentioned here.

Anyway I ended up with a 7yr old Monarch Majestic www.monarchgroup.com.au http://www.monarchgroup.com.au/pool_detail.asp?id=4 which is an 8 seater and i assume is as good as it gets.

Anyway I spent 4 days cleaning my yard and then paid a delivery truck to pick it up and drop it off (50kms) to my house to where it sits now.

I am getting excited Ill be soaking in the tub soon.

All I have left to do is the power and filling the spa up but I am not sure on the order

Any help would be appreciated

Ops sorry I also need to know how much of a slope can my cement be on. I read somewhere 1 inch is the maximum for the length of the spa?

Also what can I use to prop it up a bit

Congrats on getting a tub. When I installed mine the electrician asked me to wait on filing it up until we knew for sure it didn't have to be moved. It took like 30 Min's to fill it up not long at all unless you down under have to get a pail and run down to the watering hole i wouldn't worry about it . just fill it while he is doing the work. also if you never own a spa you should looking in to proper start-up.

Happy Soaks

Bill

Hi Lextsy:

I don't know much about the electrical hookup, but you might want to do some research on your tub before you attempt to level or shim it up. I am unfamiliar with your manufacturer, but some tubs cannot be shimmed to level them. They must be placed on a level surface to begin with. If your manufacturer is still around, their website may have some info on your model. If not, you might want to do some web searches to see if you can locate an owner's manual to check on this. There might also be specific instructions as to how to shim, if it is ok to do so with your tub.

Congrat on the new tub.

Good soakin' B)

Rich