jets falling out

Guest donc

We have owned a Galaxy camelot spa for about 5 yrs. Have enjoyed it but have had some problems over time. Two of the jets are now falling out and will not "stay in" as soon as they are twisted back in place and you turn away from them they float out! Anyone know why? We have never had a lot of assistance from our dealer and in fact when time comes to buy new would NOT go back to them. The manual from Galaxy seems to assume we should know more about things than we do. I have sent them an e-mail with no response.

They sound worn out to me. The jets are held in by 2 (usually) tabs that turn to lock them in or remove them. Enough turning them on and off will wear them down.

You proably can just replace the jet with a part from the dealer. You may even decide to upgrade the jet with a spinner type. An easy fix usually.

Are you using Baqua?

It reacts with polycarbonates, and many jets have retainers made of that type of plastic. Some tub makers have decided to swap to different jets becuase of this, while others just tell folks not to use Baqua. Still others have contacted the jet manufacturers and asked for new retainer rings made out of other materials.

Not using Baqua? They may just be worn out.

Either way: Find out who made the jets. The spa company most likely did NOT make the jets, so try to find out who did and get your parts from them, or from a dealer of another brand of tubs who uses the same jets.

Are you using Baqua?

It reacts with polycarbonates, and many jets have retainers made of that type of plastic. Some tub makers have decided to swap to different jets becuase of this, while others just tell folks not to use Baqua. Still others have contacted the jet manufacturers and asked for new retainer rings made out of other materials.

Not using Baqua? They may just be worn out.

Either way: Find out who made the jets. The spa company most likely did NOT make the jets, so try to find out who did and get your parts from them, or from a dealer of another brand of tubs who uses the same jets.

Man i just bought my hydro spa last year and already have to change about 6 jets hrdro spa said that they would not cover the part these things are made like garbage they are about 12.00 each they would not sell me just the retainer clips have no idea how to get them does anyone have any idea s where to purchase new retainer clips for the jets tthanks

Man i just bought my hydro spa last year and already have to change about 6 jets hrdro spa said that they would not cover the part these things are made like garbage they are about 12.00 each they would not sell me just the retainer clips have no idea how to get them does anyone have any idea s where to purchase new retainer clips for the jets tthanks

Sorry to hear of your jet problem. :mellow: Most jets are one whole unit so the entire unit would need to be replaced. One year seems pretty fast to me. Double check your chemistry, and take out all of the jets to see the condition of them. If it is just a few then they may be defective.... if it's all of them either the jets are made poorly or you may have a chemical issue. You should get help from your local dealer and if you don't it would be good information for the rest of the folks in this forum to share your experience for future spa purchasers to know.

We have owned a Galaxy camelot spa for about 5 yrs. Have enjoyed it but have had some problems over time. Two of the jets are now falling out and will not "stay in" as soon as they are twisted back in place and you turn away from them they float out! Anyone know why? We have never had a lot of assistance from our dealer and in fact when time comes to buy new would NOT go back to them. The manual from Galaxy seems to assume we should know more about things than we do. I have sent them an e-mail with no response.

Jets to a spa are like tires to a car. Over time they will wear out. I would make sure you have a maintenance system set up for your jets to take them out and make sure they are cleaned once a year. Keeping them free from debri will help keep them working smoothly for longer time. If you need to replace that many, you may want to check all of the jets before taking them in. There may be more that you are unaware of as they are hangin on the last threads. <_< If you have a large quantity, you may be able to get a discount of some sort or they may be still within the warranty. Best of luck!

• 2 weeks later...

Hydro Spas are the absolute worst. Their policy is to "blame the consumer".