First Impressions Wet-tested Sundance And Hs (need Negotiating Advice)

Got it narrowed down to Sundance and Hot Springs. I did a wet-test last week of the HS Vista and Aria then the SD Maxxus. Bringing my wife tomorrow, Thursday.

After one Wet Test:

Overall, I liked the feel of the Maxxus better. Liked the larger size, just felt more roomy. (most of the time it will be just the two of us but occaisionally more.)

Jet action was strong on both. Could not imagine needing more. The variety of jets in the SD with different seats was very nice. I do like a lounger and did not float up in the SD. We'll see how she likes it. I read about the Motomassage in the HS but it didn't thrill me, Personally I'd prefer to move myself to the optimum spot vis a vis the jets rather then the jets moving. Guess it looked better on paper.

Ergonomics: In the Sundance, I liked the controls/diverters and air next to each seating position in contrast to the HS which seemed a bit confusing to me since they appeared to be all in the front end of the tub. In the HS, I could literally turn the diverter on full for one person but at the expense of the other getting shortchanged or no jet action.

I now understand the NEED TO WET TEST! and WET TEST AGAIN!

Other Considerations: The HS had 5 filters vs the Maxxus 1 larger one. Supposedly the Sundance filters smaller particles. Can't evaluate based on this other than to say I guess they both work well. Both had circ pumps 24/7

The remote looked a lot more compact for Sundance and the HS was bulky like holding a large avocado. Definitely want the remote. Sundance offers a remote temp sensor that goes in your house so you can keep tabs on the temp.

The Maxxus is supposed to be an excercise spa and apparantly one can order equipment to utilize this. I read somewhere where sports teams use this model a lot.

Waterfall: Did not like the streams of water on the HS as much as the waterfall feature on the Sundance. Not dealbreaker. :)

From what I could tell quality was high on both with very similiar if not same warranty. This dealer sells both brands so no bashing. Said he liked them both.

Price: On the maxxus, I casually talked price in the $9,800 range set up delivered etc including tax. One other dealer pointed to the posted price of $13,500 and would add tax. Didn't press for a reduction as it was my first trip to a store.

Wasn't listening intently to either stereo but now thinking it might be cool to have it especially with the iPod dock. I'll have to crank it up tomorrow.

Working on getting up to speed on which route to go with chemicals but closing in on chlorine, testing with Taylor and bypassing all the "product" that promises to cure every problem by masking it.

Questions:

Fair price for the Maxxus?

What should I request they "throw in" in the final negotiation?

Any advice for me before I take the plunge??

I was wondering there are not a lot of dealers who offer both lines, where in the country are you from ?

Southern California. Dealer claims there are not a lot that carry both. He claims both companies prefer to not compete head to head.

If you're able to get a Maxxus for less than $10k out the door I may just have to throw myself off the top of a tall building! That would be a great deal from what I've seen and read. We paid $10k OTD for our Optima last fall..

If you're able to get a Maxxus for less than $10k out the door I may just have to throw myself off the top of a tall building! That would be a great deal from what I've seen and read. We paid $10k OTD for our Optima last fall..

According to this review (notice it's undated, so maybe useless) you should be able to get a Maxxus for $7,000

:rolleyes: