Buying A Single Pump Tub Vs Multiple Pump Tub

Dear fellow hot tubbers, I am getting ready to make a spa purchase from a spa warehouse in Seattle, WA. They have 23 jet single 5HP pump for $2,995.00. Then a nice 34 jet spa, one that has 2-3HP pumps and a 1.5 for recirculation that is just right at $5,000. Any plus or negatives anyone can give me? It would be nice to save money, but would I be better getting one that has more pumps? Of course, more jets the merrier The only plus with the bigger spa is that it has more jets for your legs and a lava jet it the middle for your feet. The cheaper one is already built, a done deal. The multi pump spa they custom build from the ground up right there at the warehouse anyway you want it.

Any input appreciated. Thanks everyone!

Steve

Dear fellow hot tubbers, I am getting ready to make a spa purchase from a spa warehouse in Seattle, WA. They have 23 jet single 5HP pump for $2,995.00. Then a nice 34 jet spa, one that has 2-3HP pumps and a 1.5 for recirculation that is just right at $5,000. Any plus or negatives anyone can give me? It would be nice to save money, but would I be better getting one that has more pumps? Of course, more jets the merrier The only plus with the bigger spa is that it has more jets for your legs and a lava jet it the middle for your feet. The cheaper one is already built, a done deal. The multi pump spa they custom build from the ground up right there at the warehouse anyway you want it.

Steve

My tub has one 3.5 HP pump and it has way more power than I need. The way a tub is plumbed can make all the differene in the world. None of us here can tell you which will feel better until we soak in them. This is one of the reasons a wet test is so important before shelling out the money. I have felt tubs with one pump that feel better than tubs with 3 pumps. There ae hundreds of different styles of jets also and they are not all created equal. Good luck.

Steve

That 5.0 "HP" is probably BHP (brake HP, or starting HP) not continuous HP (or running HP which is the rating you really care about). The 2-3HP pumps may also be BHP, not so sure there. That is a common trick used by some spa sellers to make it seem like you're getting more pump than you really are. Ask them and if they say they aren't sure, you can pretty much count on it being BHP.

Now for those prices you're looking at more bargain priced type spas anyway so it's not like they're trying to sell the spas at a premium price but I'm just trying to inform you in case you're comparing to other spas that rate their pump HP the honest way. Ratings using BHP get to me, it's so deceptive.

My tub has one 3.5 HP pump and it has way more power than I need. The way a tub is plumbed can make all the differene in the world. None of us here can tell you which will feel better until we soak in them. This is one of the reasons a wet test is so important before shelling out the money. I have felt tubs with one pump that feel better than tubs with 3 pumps. There ae hundreds of different styles of jets also and they are not all created equal. Good luck.

THanks man, much appreciated!