Hoping to resurrect an old hot tub!

Hello! 
My parents have a hot tub that hasn’t been run in 10 years. It’s been covered, but at a few points the cover has flipped open in a storm so there is some debris inside the tub. 

I want to see if I can maybe get it running again. What are the first steps? 
clean out the debris, see if it holds water, check if the electronics are still functioning, then flush/drain/refill? (And pray a little) 

anything I should keep an eye out for???? I live in a colder climate so it’ll be a month or so before I can get in there and get things really moving.

thanks!!! 
(I don’t know the make/model off hand but if that’s relevant I can add it to the thread later)

7 hours ago, violetviolet123 said:

I want to see if I can maybe get it running again. What are the first steps? 
clean out the debris, see if it holds water, check if the electronics are still functioning, then flush/drain/refill? (And pray a little) 

Once there is no longer freezing potential. Clear debris. At this point I'm not spending a lot of time cleaning. See if you can get at the back end of the pump motors. There is a quarter size dust cover in the center of the motor. Remove the dust cover and you will see the shaft of the motor that has a slot in it. Use screwdriver and see if the shaft will spin and that the shaft is free and not seized. If they spin continue on.

Place hose where filter goes and fill foot well. Leave overnight and if foot well still full in the morning continue filling. 

Open spa pack and inspect. If all looks good turn on the breaker.

7 hours ago, violetviolet123 said:

check if the electronics are still functioning, then flush/drain/refill? (And pray a little) 

and prey (a lot)

Let us know how you make out.

• Haha 1