BALBOA BP7 RETROFIT KIT

Hi, I'm new here. I live in Central Oregon. In November my 20 year old hot tub stopped heating. I figured it was just the heater until I checked the circuit board; it was fried. So, I purchased a Balboa BP7 Retrofit Kit; its pretty much a plug and play. However, in the electrical schematic it says, "FOR DEDICATED 240V DO NOT CONNECT WHT AND DO NOT CONNECT ANYTHING TO GROUP 4", group 4 is the power block in the circuit board where the neutral or white wire would go. I can't think of why and I haven't received an answer from Balboa. Anyone have any suggestions?

Group 4 is for 120V components. If say you had a 120v ozone installed in the spa on most packs you would move the white wire from Group 2 up to group 4. Group 2 is for 240V components. So if you have any components that are 120V in the spa they won't work with this pack. I have never noticed or seen that a BP7 pack is 240V only. Odd they have dotted lines denoting 120V set up on the schematic.

11 hours ago, CanadianSpaTech said:

Group 4 is for 120V components. If say you had a 120v ozone installed in the spa on most packs you would move the white wire from Group 2 up to group 4. Group 2 is for 240V components. So if you have any components that are 120V in the spa they won't work with this pack. I have never noticed or seen that a BP7 pack is 240V only. Odd they have dotted lines denoting 120V set up on the schematic.

Thanks, for the comment! So, I don't have any 120v components. In Group 2 I have the red wire and in Group 3 I have the black wire. I can't remember but if I disconnect and stow the white wire away won't that disable my GFCI?

If you are talking about TB1 where the incoming power wires connect to the board the white wire goes into #4. #4 is at the top, Then an open #1 then #2 red and finally #3 black at the bottom.

FYI...Group #4 is just above where the incoming wires connect (J45), Group 2,3 are below it. 

Think you are a bit confused and thinking where the incoming wires connect to the board (TB1) are a "Group" They are not considered a "Group". Again Group #4 is above those incoming wire connections (J45 to J79 and for 120V) Group # 2 is below the incoming power wires J1 to J72 and is for 240V components. There should only be white wires connected at Group # 2.

image.thumb.png.3054fae1cef9f31835a38c93ea2f57f8.png

3 hours ago, CanadianSpaTech said:

If you are talking about TB1 where the incoming power wires connect to the board the white wire goes into #4. #4 is at the top, Then an open #1 then #2 red and finally #3 black at the bottom.

FYI...Group #4 is just above where the incoming wires connect (J45), Group 2,3 are below it. 

Think you are a bit confused and thinking where the incoming wires connect to the board (TB1) are a "Group" They are not considered a "Group". Again Group #4 is above those incoming wire connections (J45 to J79 and for 120V) Group # 2 is below the incoming power wires J1 to J72 and is for 240V components. There should only be white wires connected at Group # 2.

image.thumb.png.3054fae1cef9f31835a38c93ea2f57f8.png