Replaced Heating element and it still wont heat

Flarix

I got my hot tub all hooked up recently and fixed up.

No matter what I try it will not heat up. I tested all the fuses and relays they all work I replaced the the heating element just to rule it out the old one and the new one get 240 volts but wont heat at all. The heat light is on the control panel telling it to heat and the voltage power is making it all the way to the heater element but it just wont heat at all. im stumped on why it wont heat all the tests say its working but it just wont do anything. The pump and blower work great and all the relays click when you hit a button. the temp sensors all work saying the current temperature.

WhatsApp Image 2023-11-14 at 09.33.32_10e7548b.jpg

WhatsApp Image 2023-11-14 at 09.33.21_30cfb883.jpg

WhatsApp Image 2023-11-14 at 09.33.03_ee2c2bc5.jpg

WhatsApp Image 2023-11-14 at 09.33.32_d34e38b9.jpg

WhatsApp Image 2023-11-14 at 09.33.33_00b3ea1f.jpg

WhatsApp Image 2023-11-14 at 09.33.33_63d68045.jpg

On 11/17/2023 at 8:41 PM, Flarix said:

No matter what I try it will not heat up. I tested all the fuses and relays they all work I replaced the the heating element just to rule it out the old one and the new one get 240 volts but wont heat at all. The heat light is on the control panel telling it to heat and the voltage power is making it all the way to the heater element but it just wont heat at all.

If the heater is getting 240 VAC AND the heater resistance is about 14 ohms, then it HAS to heat.  One cannot change the laws of physics.

Can you test AC amps with a clamp-on multimeter while all is switched on?

3a30be02-fa65-4a13-8124-60a3ae9040ee.e89

6 hours ago, Cusser said:

If the heater is getting 240 VAC AND the heater resistance is about 14 ohms, then it HAS to heat.  One cannot change the laws of physics.

Can you test AC amps with a clamp-on multimeter while all is switched on?

3a30be02-fa65-4a13-8124-60a3ae9040ee.e89

I actually got it to start heating today turns out it was the high limit switch getting a bad connection so it kept telling the heater to not heat.

Now it wont turn the pump on everything starts up and it gets ready to turn on as soon as the pump kicks in it starts for 1 second then turns off and resets. If i leave the pump unplugged and turn everything on it stays on then as soon as the pump is plugged back in it resets.

• 1 month later...